Cigar aficianados

NEERFAN

Is there something that I need to do other than making sure my humidity is correct?

No, but it takes a 4 or 5 days to get it right. Easiest method is to get some distilled water at the grocery store, pour some in a shot glass, sit it in the humidor and close the lid, refill your shot glass everyday.

If you put your cigars in an uncured humidor it will suck the moisture right out of them. Just leave them in a ziplock until your humidor is ready.

When it stops absorbing the distilled water (usually 5 days) you're good.

Once you're there, it should come with either a round or rectangle humidifier. You fill that with distilled water or go with cigar glycol.

For a small humidor like that, I prefer glycol. You can get it at Liquor Barn, heck I think Walmart has it now.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but it takes a 4 or 5 days to get it right. Easiest method is to get some distilled water at the grocery store, pour some in a shot glass, sit it in the humidor and close the lid, refill your shot glass everyday.

Once you're there, it should come with either a round or rectangle humidifier. You fill that with distilled water or go with cigar glycol.

For a small humidor like that, I prefer glycol. You can get it at Liquor Barn, heck I think Walmart has it now.

Cool. That's what I thought. Thank you.

If you put your cigars in an uncured humidor it will suck the moisture right out of them. Just leave them in a ziplock until your humidor is ready.

I would also pick up a gigital hygrometer. Easy to calibrate, and more accurate than the dial type that you usually see on the cheaper box humidors. Once you are up and running just check it every week or or two and add distilled water when your humidifier is dry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Herf-a-dor sampler is backordered, no surprise as $15 is a steal.

I ordered a samplers a couple of days ago, $69.99...get an email yesterday that the same one is on sale for $54.99. Not happy.

Herf-a-dor sampler is backordered, no surprise as $15 is a steal.

I ordered a samplers a couple of days ago, $69.99...get an email yesterday that the same one is on sale for $54.99. Not happy.

Pretty sure you can order it at that price and they'll ship it when it comes in.

I have 3 or 4 of those herfs, and love them.