Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County @ Russell/ thoughts and predictions

Who wins? 9 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Greenup Co.
      22%
    • Russell
      77%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Greenup County is coming off a loss in week one and going to "the Hank" to face Russell. Can GCHS even up their record or will the Red Devils win this "Backyard Brawl" rivalry game on their season and home opener?

I believe Russell is better than people are giving them credit for this year.

  • Author

I look for Russell to be a very good football team this season, much better than the last few years. Greenup just has imo lost too much from last season to stay with Russell.

 

Russell 38

GCHS 6

  • Author
I believe Russell is better than people are giving them credit for this year.

 

I agree Graybeard, they are alot better than most may think. The fire will be shooting out from the Red Devil at the end of the field far more often this season.

Russell names the score and continues the scoreless streak for GC to open the season.

Greenup Co lost to much from last years 5-6 team. Greenup Co had 40+ points scored on them four times last year.. This years team will bypass that this year. Russell will roll. Take last years score flip it and double it. Score 56-12.

I believe Russell is better than people are giving them credit for this year.

 

I agree, Russell is going to be a very good team this season and anyone that doesn't think that is going to be surprised.

  • Author
I agree, Russell is going to be a very good team this season and anyone that doesn't think that is going to be surprised.

 

:thumb: Russell has a ton of young talent. Alot like Raceland this season. I woukld be shocked if GC stays remotely close in this one. Where are all of the GC and Russell fans? Both had people on here last season.

:thumb:Russell has a ton of young talent. Alot like Raceland this season. I woukld be shocked if GC stays remotely close in this one. Where are all of the GC and Russell fans? Both had people on here last season.
I'm not so sure that I'd classify them that way. Their talent lies in that senior class and sporadically in the junior class. After that there will be a drought unless something changes. Now when this 8th/7th grade bunch gets there, Russell will be atop the state again, IMO.

I hear Russell's line coaches are very pleased. This year's team may be hard to handle.

  • Author
I'm not so sure that I'd classify them that way. Their talent lies in that senior class and sporadically in the junior class. After that there will be a drought unless something changes. Now when this 8th/7th grade bunch gets there, Russell will be atop the state again, IMO.
O.K. then, that is just what I was told, I pobably misunderstod. Rare for me.......not. lol
  • Author
I hear Russell's line coaches are very pleased. This year's team may be hard to handle.
I was told the same. Russell wll be ready to put some paybacks on people this season.

GC has some great talent and I wish them all the best on this game and on their season. That being said, I just don't think they have the talent and size they need on the line to get their offense moving. Of course, anything can happen and I would be thrilled to be proved wrong on this one!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.