Lloyd/Dayton predictions

DRKARK

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Amen, I believe it was a very close game with Belfry, correct????????

Game winning TD dropped in the endzone late in the game if I remeber correctly!! That was a very good team but the problem was the winning happened early in his tenure and after the Yeagle debacle it went down hill fast! I hope he gets re-energized at Campbell County!

I believe it wasnt a good game to schedule one of the better teams in the area at this stage of where the program is at. There are other school that are local that would be a better match up for Dayton. Dayton doesn't need to schedule schools that are able to score 50points midway through the second quarter. Im not saying schedule cupcakes, but schedule people that you can compete with.

Why is this a bad game for Dayton to schedule? It is a local school and if the coaching staff is getting the ship headed in the right direction, they should want to play games like this one and not just schedule bracken or pendleton co every week.

However, I got to see some of the Dayton....and I would disagree with your comments about getting the ship righted. I think Dayton is better off than where they were with Deaton. I know the kids love Coach Montgomery up there, but I am not sure yet if he is the answer. Until he can win more than 4 or 5 games in a season, I won't believe it.

Close indeed, 21-13. A missed extra point when the game could have been tied at 14. Lloyd kicked off and delibertley froze on defense to let Belfry score a 46 yard touchdown. The Juggs could not convert the fourth down with under a minute left in the game that snowy night.

I believe it wasnt a good game to schedule one of the better teams in the area at this stage of where the program is at. There are other school that are local that would be a better match up for Dayton. Dayton doesn't need to schedule schools that are able to score 50points midway through the second quarter. Im not saying schedule cupcakes, but schedule people that you can compete with.

Gotta agree that Holy Cross was a mistake, but other than the always killer district schedule, Dayton's schedule looks just about right.

Well your already blind. I know it was just a scrimmage, but have you seen what Dayton did last two years against Pendleton then what they did in scrimmage. So I would say there are improvements. Heck they've already scored 39 points and yes 13 came against HC 2nd team. Reality is though they only put 60 points up all year last year scrimmages included. So yes they are better off. I won't comment on schedule, but I guess your team's schedule is real tough too isn't it?

Why is this a bad game for Dayton to schedule? It is a local school and if the coaching staff is getting the ship headed in the right direction, they should want to play games like this one and not just schedule bracken or pendleton co every week.

However, I got to see some of the Dayton....and I would disagree with your comments about getting the ship righted. I think Dayton is better off than where they were with Deaton. I know the kids love Coach Montgomery up there, but I am not sure yet if he is the answer. Until he can win more than 4 or 5 games in a season, I won't believe it.

Well your already blind. I know it was just a scrimmage, but have you seen what Dayton did last two years against Pendleton then what they did in scrimmage. So I would say there are improvements. Heck they've already scored 39 points and yes 13 came against HC 2nd team. Reality is though they only put 60 points up all year last year scrimmages included. So yes they are better off. I won't comment on schedule, but I guess your team's schedule is real tough too isn't it?

OK! Who is you pick for Friday night between Lloyd and Dayton?

It's hard to say. Dayton has some key injuries still. I will say this whoever has least amount of turnovers will win. Dayton had 5 and I heard Lloyd a bunch too. So that's the best indicator.

OK! Who is you pick for Friday night between Lloyd and Dayton?

IMO, Coach Montgomery will be good for Dayton. Some thought that Deaton was good due to the season back when they won eight games during the regular season. That was Deaton's first year, which was a team that had already been developed and coached by Lickert, which I believe made a big difference. Regardless, last week showed that they are definitely a work in progress. With time and if Montgomery stays, I believe that Dayton will be competitive again. One thing that Montgomery brings to the table that I don't believe Deaton did as much is composure and patience, which is very important when trying to build a program back up regardless of when and where it is.

I hate that people don't remember that there were some good teams and some success while Lucas was with the Juggs. He did have them playing on Thanksgiving weekend and one win away from a state title game.

In the snow, or at least sort of, right? I remember driving up there and it snowed the whole way. It was FREEZING that night!