Lloyd/Dayton predictions

DRKARK

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

All you can say about last Friday's game is that any team that has double digit turnovers is going to lose! If you were at the game you can see the difference in this Lloyd team and the Lloyd teams that have been wheeled out there by Roy Lucas! Coach Stratton and his staff are doing a fantastic job, Friday's score doesn't at all indicate the game, this Lloyd team is going to be very good. The defense played fantastic Friday, I think 14 points were interceptions returned for TDs! Dayton is down and had some key injuries but expect them to play hard Friday night. The juggs are having their home opener and trying to wash away the Owen County game. Lloyd by 3 TDs. Go Juggs!!

I just don't see things turning around for Dayton anytime soon...In my honest opinion the Green Devils could give Ludlow's 0-33 streak a run for it's money. I didn't get a chance to see Lloyd play but heard it was pretty sloppy. I am sure the new coaching staff will get that corrected this week in practice. The Juggs will stomp a mud hole in Dayton this week.

Juggs 48

Dayton 0

All you can say about last Friday's game is that any team that has double digit turnovers is going to lose! If you were at the game you can see the difference in this Lloyd team and the Lloyd teams that have been wheeled out there by Roy Lucas! Coach Stratton and his staff are doing a fantastic job, Friday's score doesn't at all indicate the game, this Lloyd team is going to be very good. The defense played fantastic Friday, I think 14 points were interceptions returned for TDs! Dayton is down and had some key injuries but expect them to play hard Friday night. The juggs are having their home opener and trying to wash away the Owen County game. Lloyd by 3 TDs. Go Juggs!!

Please clarify???? What is the difference? Sounds like some double standards. If Coach Lucas was still coaching this team and they have double digit turnovers and lose to Owen County, they would call for his head. However, new coaches, same results, and yet its ok? Just confused.

Please clarify???? What is the difference? Sounds like some double standards. If Coach Lucas was still coaching this team and they have double digit turnovers and lose to Owen County, they would call for his head. However, new coaches, same results, and yet its ok? Just confused.

Im glad you called me out on that line, I regret putting it in my post. I should have left Roy's name out of this years team disscussion. I should have simply just stated that I am very happy with the direction that Coach Stratton and his staff are going with the program and the kids! I should have clarified my statement much better, and mentioned that the defense played extremely good, Owen was inside the 20 three times in first half and came away with 0 points. That kind of defense is a change from the past. So please don't be confused, this program is headed in the right direction end of story. Sorry for the confusion!

Hopefully we'll see some quick fixes to the fumble fiasco by Lloyd. LM's defense was rather impressive and could end up being the backbone of the team. Stratton and his staff are working hard and the attitudes of the players are refreshing. Dayton, however, is taking the downward swing LM took a few years ago. LM wins 28-7.

No running clock in this game, but I do think Lloyd wins. Lloyd will have a much better defense this year, so I think this will be the major difference. Dayton has some nice kids, but they need more of them to be competitive weekly. Their coaching staff seems to be doing their best to get the ship heading in the right direction, despite what happened last week. That was a bad game for them to schedule, thanks to Coach Deaton. I do look for them to be competitive in a few ball games and come out with a couple wins this year

I hate that people don't remember that there were some good teams and some success while Lucas was with the Juggs. He did have them playing on Thanksgiving weekend and one win away from a state title game.

No running clock in this game, but I do think Lloyd wins. Lloyd will have a much better defense this year, so I think this will be the major difference. Dayton has some nice kids, but they need more of them to be competitive weekly. Their coaching staff seems to be doing their best to get the ship heading in the right direction, despite what happened last week. That was a bad game for them to schedule, thanks to Coach Deaton. I do look for them to be competitive in a few ball games and come out with a couple wins this year

Why is this a bad game for Dayton to schedule? It is a local school and if the coaching staff is getting the ship headed in the right direction, they should want to play games like this one and not just schedule bracken or pendleton co every week.

However, I got to see some of the Dayton....and I would disagree with your comments about getting the ship righted. I think Dayton is better off than where they were with Deaton. I know the kids love Coach Montgomery up there, but I am not sure yet if he is the answer. Until he can win more than 4 or 5 games in a season, I won't believe it.