Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Williamsburg @ Harlan predictions

Who will win? 11 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Williamsburg
      27%
    • Harlan
      72%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Williamsburg is not coming into this one flat just because of the 1st game shutout of Jellico. I am calling the upset and will be shocked if either team pulls away in this one.

Could there be an upset in this game? Regardless of outcome?

I think last weeks games for both teams are very telling, and although Harlan lost and Williamsburg won, I am sure playing the tougher game, Harlan got more out of it. Jellico never challenged Williamsburg, and never exposed any potential weakness, while Harlan learned several things about their team. Tough schedules make you better in the long run, but those easy wins make the fans happy, I would much rather be toughened by the competition that keeping the fans happy.

 

Harlan 28

Williamsburg 18

I think last weeks games for both teams are very telling, and although Harlan lost and Williamsburg won, I am sure playing the tougher game, Harlan got more out of it. Jellico never challenged Williamsburg, and never exposed any potential weakness, while Harlan learned several things about their team. Tough schedules make you better in the long run, but those easy wins make the fans happy, I would much rather be toughened by the competition that keeping the fans happy.

 

Harlan 28

Williamsburg 18

I agree. A tough schedule prepares you for tough games and for the playoffs. Won/loss records don't mean much once the playoffs (second season) begins.

Although not really challenged, the Jellico game did provide some insight into this young Jacket team...and the schedule only gets tougher from here. Alot of times with a young team baby steps the first couple of outings help. The grid against a very tough and good Knox Central squad (played to a 6-6 tie) was telling as the Burg showed good physicality. I admit to being a homer, heck I'd probably pick the Burg against UK..lol:ylsuper: , but I think these young Jackets just don't know they are supposed to be intimidated. As I said earlier I think its going to be a tough game, an all out war, but gonna stick with my earlier pick of the Jackets in a close one.

I think last weeks games for both teams are very telling, and although Harlan lost and Williamsburg won, I am sure playing the tougher game, Harlan got more out of it. Jellico never challenged Williamsburg, and never exposed any potential weakness, while Harlan learned several things about their team. Tough schedules make you better in the long run, but those easy wins make the fans happy, I would much rather be toughened by the competition that keeping the fans happy.

 

Harlan 28

Williamsburg 18

While I agree that you need a tough game or two before you start your district schedule, having a Class A team with little depth it makes little sense to me to beat your team up early and have nothing left at the end...The scrimage against KNOX CENTRAL told me all I need to know about this team...A young freshman dominated team like Williamsburg doesn't need to line up every week and get beat up, JMO...Coach will toughen the schedule up the next few years as this group matures...

This has potential to be one of the best games in the mountains this weekend. I probably should have included it in the contest this week.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.