Missouri Law: Teachers Cannot Be "Friends" With Students

Clyde

I'm glad your administrator realizes that FB is a part of the students lives and that it is a real means of connecting with them. He sounds like he's in touch with the students. Good for him and his teachers/students! I also like that he is having a committee to come up with the electronic messaging policy and not just developing one on his own and making everyone abide by it. We all know, if people are part of the process, they take ownership and buy-in to the final decision more easily. Teaching is a lot like administration and visa versa, if you get the students and/or staff involved, let them brainstorm, buy-into the solution and take ownership of the outcome, it's a win-win for everyone. So much can be accomplished if the administrator and/or teacher engages others and gets them involved. It's that simple.

People would be part of my process. We all come in with our own viewpoints. As I've said in this thread I'm open to hearing why my viewpoint is wrong . However, I do NOT subscribe to the "we all get a vote in this" thinking. My rear end as the supe is the one that is ultimately on the line so I would have to make the final decision. Maybe that's not common in the world of academia but it is in my world.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99% of parents of high school kids do not monitor FB. Heck, my son de-friended me (as I probably would have done as well had it been around when I was his age).

At least there is one smart person in your family.:D:banana: Sorry Clyde, I couldn't pass on that one bro!!:lol:

I was referring the policy-making process.

99% of parents of high school kids do not monitor FB. Heck, my son de-friended me (as I probably would have done as well had it been around when I was his age).

Yeah--my son defriended me too, becaue I private messaged him for using profanity on fb. I took his cell phone away until he "friended" me again.