2011 9th Region Tournament Predictions

My prediction and what I am hoping for....

CovCath

vs.

St. Henry

Newport Central Catholic

vs.

Conner

Dixie

vs.

Beechwood

Boone County

vs.

Newport

I can see why you would like that draw TOG. I think NCC is the weakest #1 seed and St. Henry is the weakest team in the regional. The draw you don't want to see is Beechwood and Conner on the same side of the bracket as #2's ... unless you are on the other side with Newport and St. Henry as 2's. We will know shortly.

If I were seeding the regional with the 1's staying in the top 4, I would have it:

1. CCH

2. Boone

3. Dixie

4. NCC

5. Beechwood

6. Conner

7. Newport

8. St. Henry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were seeding the regional with the 1's staying in the top 4, I would have it:

1. CCH

2. Boone

3. Dixie

4. NCC

5. Beechwood

6. Conner

7. Newport

8. St. Henry

I am not quite as impressed with Dixie as are you. I would have them the clearcut 4th #1 seed. Outside of their 9-0 loss to Boone a week ago, NCC finished the season fairly strong, including some quality wins over Ryle, PRP, and Harrison County and also played Jeffersontown tough (12-7 loss).

I am not quite as impressed with Dixie as are you. I would have them the clearcut 4th #1 seed. Outside of their 9-0 loss to Boone a week ago, NCC finished the season fairly strong, including some quality wins over Ryle, PRP, and Harrison County and also played Jeffersontown tough (12-7 loss).

The PRP game was a 6 inning 13-0 no hitter by Cain. I think PRP was ranked #11 in the state at the time also.

Future coach I know you love your Panthers and I honestly understand your point but how can Ludlow be in the same District as Dixie etc. when Beechwood is closer to them than Ludlow is?

Beechwood indeed should have been placed in the 34th as they are closer to any and all the schools in the 34th than what Ludlow is and isn't that how the KHSAA said they decided how to place teams in Districts by distance?

I am a Ludlow guy, however I have other interest's these days. As for the district you have a good point, I have no idea what made them move Ludlow out of the 35th. You are right about how Beechwood is closer to the teams in the 34th than Ludlow. However Beechwood is also to the teams in the 35th than Ludlow, except maybe CovCath. Which Ludlow is still not closer by much at all. So I really have no idea how they decided which one to put in which district. My only guess would be that the state didn't like seeing a little school like Ludlow beat a top team in the state in CovCath in the 1st round of the districts like they did in 2004. So they wanted to make sure that it wouldn't happen again, so they decided to move Ludlow haha.