Upcoming Holy Cross / Covington Catholic District game

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why they're not playing it today. Every other district starts today. I know HC has graduation Tuesday but BW-Holmes can and are playing then. Doesn't make sense, especially with the weather.

Holy Cross senior players have their Baccalaureate Mass tonight.

Tough to change time of the Mass because of the involvement of the clergy. I remember back in 1997, because of rain some of the Holy Cross seniors were going to have decide if they were going to Graduation or a regional game.

It's close but I'd give Kyle Fuller from HC a slight edge as being the top Junior pitcher in the region this year. Both outstanding pitchers. Here is the latest stats I found on each if they are updated.

Fuller: 7-0 with a 1.85 ERA - 39 K's and 13 walks

Maile: 5-1 with a 2.06 ERA - 35 K's and 19 walks

It's close but I'd give Kyle Fuller from HC a slight edge as being the top Junior pitcher in the region this year. Both outstanding pitchers. Here is the latest stats I found on each if they are updated.

I thought someone on here recently said Maile was 8-1.

Two strong junior pitchers nonetheless.

Sorry for spelling. Maile will get the start. Top junior pitcher in Northern Kentucky.

Hopefully Bennie goes the distance. However, CCH and Holy Cross are both loaded with depth at the position so if one gets in trouble the coach will not hesitate to go to the bullpen. Shumate/Severson/Fagel/Hellman and Fuller/Jehn/Broering/Tibieri for the Tribe.

Who do you think is the best soph pitcher? Tiberi???

Good point Clyde, you even forgot Ritter for HC.

I didn't forget him. I assume he was the starter. I was just naming the boys that could come in to relieve.

I should add Tyler Johnson to the HC list of possibilities. These are probably the two deepest staffs in NKY.

You're a step ahead of me Clyde - I assume Ritter will get the start as well. Both teams are loaded with depth at pitcher so I will assume the quick hook will happen if either starter struggles early.

This should be a great first round game obviously and it will be a shame to see one of these teams go home early.