Upcoming Holy Cross / Covington Catholic District game

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday - May 25th @ Meinken Field....From what I've been told the game times for all 35th district games will be either 5:30 or 6:00 starts.

Tuesday - May 24th - Holmes vs. Beechwood

Wednesday - May 25th - Holy Cross vs. Cov Cath

Thursday - May 26th - Winners play

Would Krumps consider giving the ball to Brian Fagel after he shut down the Indians last Saturday night?

My "guess" is that it will be either Sevvy or Maile to start simply because of the matchups. I think every pitcher will be available that game since it is THE game to get you to the region. I'm sure they'd like to keep Shumate fresh for the next game should there be one. Fagel , should he pitch, would come in as a reliever.

My "guess" is that it will be either Sevvy or Maile to start simply because of the matchups. I think every pitcher will be available that game since it is THE game to get you to the region. I'm sure they'd like to keep Shumate fresh for the next game should there be one. Fagel , should he pitch, would come in as a reliever.

There would be no reason to keep Shumate fresh. It's now or never.

I hand the ball to the senior in this situation. JMO.

There would be no reason to keep Shumate fresh. It's now or never.

I hand the ball to the senior in this situation. JMO.

My comment about keeping Shumate fresh was aimed more at how poorly HC has fared against lefties this year. It's certainly not a slight against Adam.

My comment about keeping Shumate fresh was aimed more at how poorly HC has fared against lefties this year. It's certainly not a slight against Adam.

I should add(just so no one thinks I'm being critical) Shumate has obviously performed well . Hanover spent a lot of time following him around so the kid can pitch. It just seems that the strategy would be to go lefty against HC. Not sure why but recent history says they haven't hit LH well. However, if Krumps thinks Shumate is his best pitcher he may choose him simply because of the "must win" nature. It will be an interesting decision.

Who will Holy Cross throw. Somebody mentioned Nick Ritter? I don't follow HC very much, but there was another Ritter a few years ago. There was this saying "nobody better" that used to follow him when he played. I don't know, maybe something made up by a family friend, teammate or something. Wonder if it still follows the younger Ritter? I'm sure it does. He seems to be a pretty good athlete.

Who will Holy Cross throw. Somebody mentioned Nick Ritter? I don't follow HC very much, but there was another Ritter a few years ago. There was this saying "nobody better" that used to follow him when he played. I don't know, maybe something made up by a family friend, teammate or something. Wonder if it still follows the younger Ritter? I'm sure it does. He seems to be a pretty good athlete.

I'd guess , just like the seed game, Coach Holtz will go with Ritter and Fuller.

Nick does have an older brother.

Nick is a great kid. Great personality.