Bath County

West Jessamine!

@Goldie- based on a 2-14 record in 16th region and 0-7 district record. That's not hard to surpass in my opinion.

So based on record of one year it was a bad hire???? There are lots of coaches who take over programs that need time to build that program....dosn't happen in one year. Does that make them a bad hire at another school? I don't think so.

I can tell you that Mike Murray was the best coach I've seen at Bath County. Very knowledgable and his kids played hard. He was always in the gym scouting. I do not think Campbell County would have hired him if he was considered a "bad hire" at Bath County. That being said, Bath Co. should never have fired Arlen Mcnabb. Good coaches that come to Bath Co. will use it as a stepping stone to another job (Mike Murray). Bad coaches will further destroy the program. At least Mcnabb will work and genuinely seemed to enjoy coaching there and will stick around for a while. Just my opinion...take it for what its worth.

I think you are right that Coach Thomas likes it at West HOWEVER they are never going to be really a contender in the 12th region. I will not be surprised to see him apply and get the Bath County job. He is a GREAT coach that, with a little talent, will be able to compete on a year to year basis! He has taken a team at West (that didn't have much talent at all) and at least made them compete! They are able to guard and play hard but they just don't have the horses to run with anyone. I think Bath would be a good spot for him and I hope he gets the job!! I know I will be pulling for Bath County if he gets it....

Coach Thomas loves it at West Jessamine. I talked to him about a month ago and he was telling me that his kids are working really hard right now and preparing for next season. I watched his teams play a couple of times this past year. One thing that I notice about his team when I saw them play is they are great fundamentally sounded playing half court and full court defense. They really get after you! He just doesn't have good talent at the high school level but I've heard they are a couple of young kids coming up, especially a 6th grader that played varsity this year. I talked to him earlier and he told me they have a good little league and AAU programs that he has established at West Jessamine.

He is definitely doing the right things at West Jessamine, but it is going to take him a long time to develop some good players. I'm good friends with the boys coach, Damon Kelley, he told me that Coach Thomas works harder than anyone he has ever witnessed. Great Christian guy...... I think he stays at West Jessamine.

I think you are right that Coach Thomas likes it at West HOWEVER they are never going to be really a contender in the 12th region. I will not be surprised to see him apply and get the Bath County job. He is a GREAT coach that, with a little talent, will be able to compete on a year to year basis! He has taken a team at West (that didn't have much talent at all) and at least made them compete! They are able to guard and play hard but they just don't have the horses to run with anyone. I think Bath would be a good spot for him and I hope he gets the job!! I know I will be pulling for Bath County if he gets it....

Couldn't the same be said at Bath? Looks like it would be a lateral move at best.

Couldn't the same be said at Bath? Looks like it would be a lateral move at best.

Not really.... He has a home in Rowan and would be really close to it. Family is up there as well and he used to play at Morehead! I think they will have better talent at Bath from top to bottom AND he wouldn't have to play third fiddle to soccer and softball. Sounds like a bunch of good reasons to move to me!