Bath County

Not really.... He has a home in Rowan and would be really close to it. Family is up there as well and he used to play at Morehead! I think they will have better talent at Bath from top to bottom AND he wouldn't have to play third fiddle to soccer and softball. Sounds like a bunch of good reasons to move to me!

If those reasons were so important, he would not have left. Coach Thomas is a great coach and was successful during his time at Rowan Co.

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like you don't know the reason he left Rowan...

That is kind of what I'm thinking. Is that not something that has to be forwarded to these schools? Do they not care? I don't know the details, it could have been fabricated but I'm in shock that he's coaching anywhere.

That is kind of what I'm thinking. Is that not something that has to be forwarded to these schools? Do they not care? I don't know the details, it could have been fabricated but I'm in shock that he's coaching anywhere.

It is AMAZING that you are shocked that Troy Lee is coaching anywhere! His time at Rowan Co. turned into how many region championships for that program? In the coaching world you will find that sometimes you can't be friends with everyone. People that you think are your friends quickly turn on you when little "Tommy or Suzie" doesn't get the playing time that mom and dad thinks they should. Then all of a sudden there is someone in their ear telling them how "if they were the coach how things would change", Troy Lee is only guilty of one thing and that is TRUSTING EVERYONE! This man lives for basketball and truly dedicates himself to the betterment of ALL kids on the court or in the classroom. Bath Co. knows this and that is why if Troy Lee accepts this position, not only will their program see success, he will be a valued member to their community. So, let us all be reminded that "He who hath not Sinned, Cast the First Stone", otherwise, let sleeping dogs lie and move on with your life.

It is AMAZING that you are shocked that Troy Lee is coaching anywhere! His time at Rowan Co. turned into how many region championships for that program? In the coaching world you will find that sometimes you can't be friends with everyone. People that you think are your friends quickly turn on you when little "Tommy or Suzie" doesn't get the playing time that mom and dad thinks they should. Then all of a sudden there is someone in their ear telling them how "if they were the coach how things would change", Troy Lee is only guilty of one thing and that is TRUSTING EVERYONE! This man lives for basketball and truly dedicates himself to the betterment of ALL kids on the court or in the classroom. Bath Co. knows this and that is why if Troy Lee accepts this position, not only will their program see success, he will be a valued member to their community. So, let us all be reminded that "He who hath not Sinned, Cast the First Stone", otherwise, let sleeping dogs lie and move on with your life.

Like I said above I do not know all of the facts. But, with what the word was I was shocked he was still coaching. Now, not saying I believe everything I hear, but I never heard anything else about it. Now, that said, Troy Lee has been an excellent coach at every stop. Coaching-wise he is definitely a good one. Please PM me to clear up my misunderstandings about the Rowan job. I'm not criticizing or accusing him of anything because I honestly do not know.