Track the NL Central Champion Reds (Week 5)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, Pittsburgh, and last night....3 games in the last 10 days.

Baker says Ondrusek has been 'awesome'

MILWAUKEE -- Before giving up the game-deciding home run to the Brewers' Rickie Weeks in the eighth inning of Tuesday's 3-2 Reds loss, reliever Logan Ondrusek had been on a roll. Ondrusek hadn't allowed a hit in the previous four appearances or an earned run in his previous five outings.

"He's been great. Ondrusek has been awesome," Reds manager Dusty Baker said.

Ondrusek entered Wednesday with a 1.29 ERA over 13 games.

"It's been all right. There are things I can improve on," Ondrusek said. "I've walked a few more guys than I wanted to or fell behind some guys early and had to battle back. Overall, it's been good so far. I have to keep building on it and keep going forward."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110427&content_id=18303790&notebook_id=18303794&vkey=notebook_cin&c_id=cin

Baker says Ondrusek has been 'awesome'

MILWAUKEE -- Before giving up the game-deciding home run to the Brewers' Rickie Weeks in the eighth inning of Tuesday's 3-2 Reds loss, reliever Logan Ondrusek had been on a roll. Ondrusek hadn't allowed a hit in the previous four appearances or an earned run in his previous five outings.

"He's been great. Ondrusek has been awesome," Reds manager Dusty Baker said.

Ondrusek entered Wednesday with a 1.29 ERA over 13 games.

"It's been all right. There are things I can improve on," Ondrusek said. "I've walked a few more guys than I wanted to or fell behind some guys early and had to battle back. Overall, it's been good so far. I have to keep building on it and keep going forward."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110427&content_id=18303790&notebook_id=18303794&vkey=notebook_cin&c_id=cin

For the year, yeah he's been good. I don't particularly consider two losses in the past 10 days "awesome" for a reliever though.