March 29, 201115 yr Several media outlets report the Purdue coach is leaving for 14 mil over 7 years...
March 29, 201115 yr Author Brad Stevens to Purdue? Can't see it. Painter leaving the school he played for does not send a good message about the level of support provided at Purdue...
March 29, 201115 yr Author Apparently it is not done yet, but very close. Which means he'll sign an extension with Purdue by morning... :lol:
March 29, 201115 yr Apparently it is not done yet, but very close. Which means he'll sign an extension with Purdue by morning... :lol: When in doubt.....work the system to get an extension.
March 29, 201115 yr I can't really see him leaving Purdue, good business move though if it gets him the extension.
March 29, 201115 yr I was listening to Dakich's show today. He said that Painter is not happy with the level of support being shown to the program. He requested raises for his assistants and either didn't get it or it was not much. I still can't imagine him leaving PU for Mizzou.
March 29, 201115 yr SportsbyBrooks says there has not been a meeting and no offer has been made. He says they will meet on Tuesday and if there's an offer Painter will have 24 hours to accept. I don't see it.
March 29, 201115 yr Author SportsbyBrooks says there has not been a meeting and no offer has been made. He says they will meet on Tuesday and if there's an offer Painter will have 24 hours to accept. I don't see it. Not exactly a great source of info. Painter and Mizzou AD are set to meet in the morning...
March 29, 201115 yr Not exactly a great source of info. Painter and Mizzou AD are set to meet in the morning... So what part did he get wrong? And who is a credible source on this story?
March 29, 201115 yr Author So what part did he get wrong? Didn't say he got that report wrong. Was wrong on a similar situation last week on the GTech job. If my options are Dick Weiss and SportsbyBrooks, you can have the latter...
March 29, 201115 yr Didn't say he got that report wrong. Was wrong on a similar situation last week on the GTech job. If my options are Dick Weiss and SportsbyBrooks, you can have the latter... What's Hoops saying?
March 29, 201115 yr Author What's Hoops saying? Said Painter took the job and then backed off. My guess is he is getting info directly from the agent world...
March 29, 201115 yr Said Painter took the job and then backed off. My guess is he is getting info directly from the agent world... I searched his tweets after I posted the question. Looks like Palm may be causing him to back off on his original assertion. Dakich speculated that the leak could be a shot across the bows to show PU that they need to step up.
March 29, 201115 yr Author I searched his tweets after I posted the question. Looks like Palm may be causing him to back off on his original assertion. Dakich speculated that the leak could be a shot across the bows to show PU that they need to step up. That's clearly what is going down with the way this has played out, but I am just not sure Purdue will budge. Painter is still going to have to take the hometown discount if he does decide to stay, and a lot of damage will be done to an already rocky relationship between him and the AD...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.