Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's coming back for UK next year?

Featured Replies

Darius Miller isn't going anywhere.

 

Deandre Liggins has come off the bench often this year, and it seems no problem to him. After all, when you look at total minutes logged, Liggins comes in second to Brandon Knight.

 

Seems to me the team is going to have seven really, really good basketball players. Will be eight if Knight comes back, which I don't think he will. Jones was gone before he ever played his first game @ UK IMO.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't Gilchrist about 6'7? He looks like he's wiry but not thick. I would think you would have Darius at the 4 simply for his ability to battle strong post players.

 

He might be. I'm not sure. But I was under the impression that he was a tireless worker and played bigger than his frame. In the end, I think all three start (Liggins, Miller, Gilchrist) because I think Knight goes pro. Lamb will be the 6th man and Wiltjer coming off the bench right behind him.

I'm a firm believer that Brandon Knight is going to the NBA regardless of the outcome of this season, but I do think if they lose one of the next 2 games, the chance he comes back increases by a fair amount.

I'm a firm believer that Brandon Knight is going to the NBA regardless of the outcome of this season, but I do think if they lose one of the next 2 games, the chance he comes back increases by a fair amount.

 

I'm thinking like you. But I'd love to see the kid come back. He's been a joy to watch this year.

Teague

Liggins

Miller

Gilchrist

Davis

 

Lamb & Wiltjer top subs.

 

Knight & Jones go pro.

 

That's what I think as well. It's hard to say whether Lamb or Liggins will start because they've both started at this position at different times this year.

 

If Knight does return, I would assume he would start with Liggins and Lamb off the bench, but maybe Teague would come off the bench? It's just hard for me to see two guys who had prominent roles on a Final Four team not starting the next year. I understand the situation, but I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

 

I really don't think Wiltjer will start over Miller or Gilchrist. Even though he is a big guy, my guess would be they would go smaller with Miller playing the 4. He's played some 4 this year and has seemed to be comfortable in that position.

It's just hard for me to see two guys who had prominent roles on a Final Four team not starting the next year.

 

I understand too. But as I stated, Liggins has come off the bench as of late anyway yet he's still playing the second most minutes on the team for the year.

 

Should Knight come back, I'm thinking it's: Teague, Knight, Miller, Gilchrist, Davis...Liggins, Lamb, Wiltjer coming off the bench. UK will be good next year, but if those 8 guys are on our roster, we'll be scary good IMO.

I understand too. But as I stated, Liggins has come off the bench as of late anyway yet he's still playing the second most minutes on the team for the year.

 

Should Knight come back, I'm thinking it's: Teague, Knight, Miller, Gilchrist, Davis...Liggins, Lamb, Wiltjer coming off the bench. UK will be good next year, but if those 8 guys are on our roster, we'll be scary good IMO.

 

If you divide the 200 minutes among 8 players, it's 25 minutes/game for each, so it's not like there isn't enough playing time to spread around to these guys. Obviously some will get more than others, but I don't think playing time will be a big deal. The only time I could see it becoming an issue is Liggins, Miller, and Lamb having to adjust to having their roles reduced a bit simply because there will be more help for them. They've been used to playing essentially the whole game and in a 6 man rotation, so it may take some time for them to adjust to playing on a deeper team. They all seem like team-oriented guys though, and I really don't think it will affect their production, team chemistry, etc.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.