Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elkus out at Dixie

Featured Replies

Heard from a reliable source that Andy Elkus is out as head coach at Dixie.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I heard that the entire coaching staff was terminated. Elkus & Hardin. The JV coach had already retired at the end of the season. I'm not sure about the Freshman coach. Not unexpected, especially with a new AD. Good individuals. I wish them well

Here's hoping they can find someone who can return Dixie to the top of the heap in the 9th Region. 1st challenge is to get some good athletes to go out for the team.

How long was Elkus at Dixie. I know it was no more than 5 years. I am thinking maybe 3 years.

I don't know enough about Coach Elkus' ability to coach but I do know he's a good dude. Best wishes to him and his staff.

If I am not mistaken, excluding the graduating seniors, the make-up of the current team is 1 8th grader; 6 freshman; 5 sophomores; 4-5 Juniors.

I don't know enough about Coach Elkus' ability to coach but I do know he's a good dude. Best wishes to him and his staff.

 

That is a fact, I met him and the whole family last summer and look forward to it again this summer.

  • Author
If I am not mistaken, excluding the graduating seniors, the make-up of the current team is 1 8th grader; 6 freshman; 5 sophomores; 4-5 Juniors.

 

I believe there were about 4 seniors that chose not to go out for the team this year after playing their first 3 years at Dixie. Might have helped if they had.

I'd say this is a good move by the administration.

I'd say this is a good move by the administration.

 

Who are you to say that?

Who are you to say that?

 

I'm just expressing my opinion. I thought we could do this on BGP. Back to the topic, Elkus had a 24-54 record after 3 years at Dixie. I don't think that is acceptable with any administration. Hopefully, whoever they hire, can get the girls interested in basketball and bring Dixie back to a contender in the 9th.

We're they ever a contender - at least in recent memory?

 

I'm just expressing my opinion. I thought we could do this on BGP. Back to the topic, Elkus had a 24-54 record after 3 years at Dixie. I don't think that is acceptable with any administration. Hopefully, whoever they hire, can get the girls interested in basketball and bring Dixie back to a contender in the 9th.
We're they ever a contender - at least in recent memory?

 

Years ago they were more competitive. They at least made regional appearances from 1999-2008. They made no regional appearances under Elkus from 2009-2011.

Coach Elkus is a great person. However, it was time for a change. I agree that it was a good move by the administration. It needs to bring someone into the school that will generate some interest and passion in the program.

I think that because a schools feels that something may need a change reflects badly on the person who was in charge. I don't know Coach Elkus but I have never heard anything negative about him at all. I wish him well.

I think the Dixie faithful would like to see their team competitive again on a larger stage. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. It has to start with getting young ladies interested in basketball again. Good luck to the program, as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.