Newport Central Catholic 50 Notre Dame 47

Can someone explain to me how NDA can sponsor a school dance, (note it wasn't a prom or such, just a dance) the same night as their team is playing in the Semi-Finals of the Ninth Region? My guess is the dance which I was told started about 15 minutes later that the game started, was packed with NDA students while maybe 25 girls cheered on their classmates!

Just talked with my NDA senior daughter who BTW is out of town on a competition dance team (no affiliation with NDA) with about 20 other NDA girls and she said there was a dance at NDA but most of the kids were not going to the dance but were instead attending a Corey Smith? concert. There were even NDA basketball players going until they won and had to play last night. I'm sure they were more happy about winning but they did have tickets to the concert.:taz:

So it's not all the schools fault with scheduling a dance. But they do some weird scheduling up on that hill though. LOL!!! They can't please all!

Thelen did not foul out.

Pandas, gotta learn how to play the 3rd quarter. Good Luck Next Season!

Congratulations to the Lady Breds, & good luck Sunday.

To the plus 50 at least NCC fan, that was taunting the child in the PANDA costume, you sir are like "School on Saturday", No Class!

YIKES!!!!! Somebody wasnt being very "Christian like" now were they? Remember folks, just young kids and sports. Should be very competitive but you still have to have fun and keep it in perspective. JMO.

The NDA dance was on the school schedule which is made almost a year in advance of spring activities and it was a fundraiser. The concert that was heavily attended was the George Strait/Reba concert at US Bank Arena. BTW - the big Redwood fundraiser was also Friday night. Can't do it all and put things in priority.

The NDA dance was on the school schedule which is made almost a year in advance of spring activities and it was a fundraiser. The concert that was heavily attended was the George Strait/Reba concert at US Bank Arena. BTW - the big Redwood fundraiser was also Friday night. Can't do it all and put things in priority.

Honestly the concert I can understand but how many students attended the Redwood fund raiser? The discussion was about NDA students not adults attending the games!

I am sure the dates for the Ninth Region Girls Basketball semi-finals were posted or available to Ms. Gunning at about the same time as the school schedule was done. Trust me, the HS across the street wouldn't have had a dance schedule for the same night as the semi-finals of the boys Ninth Region, not in a million years and I agree, just a difference in priorities between the two schools across the street from each other!

Hats off to NDA for putting on those "Mixers". The kids have a great time. Unfortunate scheduling for this last one though. I was making a quick BOK exit after the St Henry/Boone game to transport students to that dance, but none that attend NDA.

Honestly the concert I can understand but how many students attended the Redwood fund raiser? The discussion was about NDA students not adults attending the games!

I am sure the dates for the Ninth Region Girls Basketball semi-finals were posted or available to Ms. Gunning at about the same time as the school schedule was done. Trust me, the HS across the street wouldn't have had a dance schedule for the same night as the semi-finals of the boys Ninth Region, not in a million years and I agree, just a difference in priorities between the two schools across the street from each other!

You nailed that one TOG...............