ATF Allowes Guns To Mexican Cartels

Looks like a huge cover up by Obamas transparent white house... Holder will probably take the rap but this stinks of Obamas under the radar gun control... The plan was to allow guns to the Mexican drug gangs to make gun stores and gun show operators look bad along with lax gun laws in the U.S. Wonder what excuse they will come up with??
I'm waiting for some of the Obama faithful to give their spin on this. Maybe the fact that we haven't heard from them as of yet is because they know it's indefensible. I said how anti-gun Obama was from the very start, sure looks like I was spot on.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a huge cover up by Obamas transparent white house... Holder will probably take the rap but this stinks of Obamas under the radar gun control... The plan was to allow guns to the Mexican drug gangs to make gun stores and gun show operators look bad along with lax gun laws in the U.S. Wonder what excuse they will come up with??

Is this fact or opinion?

I'm waiting for some of the Obama faithful to give their spin on this. Maybe the fact that we haven't heard from them as of yet is because they know it's indefensible. I said how anti-gun Obama was from the very start, sure looks like I was spot on.

Well, I typically try not to comment in defense or support of something I know next to nothing about. So...that's why I haven't commented. I don't plan, if I do comment, to "spin" anything. I'll present my opinions, after I have all the knowledge I can to form them.

Well, I typically try not to comment in defense or support of something I know next to nothing about. So...that's why I haven't commented. I don't plan, if I do comment, to "spin" anything. I'll present my opinions, after I have all the knowledge I can to form them.
You wouldn't be one of the faithful I was speaking of.

I did not get to watch todays hearings but after the first two days it was Fienstien who let the cat out of the bag and the white house won't answer any questions about it..

If this was a political manuever to ding the pro-gun folks, then heads should roll. 100%. Depending on how deep it went, I wouldn't even rule out charges against Obama. But if the intent was truly just to track these cartels, then while the deaths of Americans is truly regrettable and sad, it's not criminal what was done.

How could it help in tracking cartels ?

The guns that were sold had GPS tracking devices in them. I assume the guns were being sold to known cartel members or their affiliates with the hopes that they would smuggle them back into Mexico and we would be able to track movements.

Melson seems eager to testify... This could be interesting..http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-atf-guns-20110624,0,7283758.story

"President Obama has committed to making his administration the most open and transparent in history...."

Ok, maybe not...

From LA Times article above:

"Melson has an open invitation to appear on Capitol Hill. So far, he has not been given Justice Department approval to appear before Congress."

• 2 weeks later...
Melson testified on July 4th. Apparently without formal permission of his current employer or in a roll representing the DOJ. He apparently testified as an individual with personal council.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/06/justice-department-obstructing-fast-and-furious-gun-probe-atf-director-says/

And Obama said he first heard of the operation on the news... Anyone believe that ??