31st District

Winner - Carroll Co.

Runner up - Henry Co.

32nd District

Winner - Simon Kenton

Runner up - Grant Co.

8th Region Championship

Winner - Oldham Co.

Who do you think is the best team in the 8th?

1-Oldham 2-Collins 3-Anderson. Oldham has the most experienced pitching of the 3. Anderson has 2 really hard throwers but can they be constant enough will be the question. Collins has a lot of arms with 2 that will stand out. As far as hitting Collins has some really good hitters that produced last year. Oldham will be good at the plate but not that deep in the line up. Anderson is the youngest of the 3 and will struggle putting up a lot of runs but in a close one watch out. Fielding will have to go to Collins they have a lot of experience at each position. Oldham lost in the regionals last year by errors and most of them are back. Anderson should field it good as they always have but the youth will play a big roll. It should be interesting when the play during the season to see how the shape up.

To me the X factor in this region will be Simon Kenton. They hit the ball well last season but lacked in pitching and they struggled defensively. I'm not sure what they have coming back but in a school that size it seems as if they could find at least 1 good pitcher. SK's district is pretty weak so I would be surprised if they are not district champs. If they could match up with an Anderson, Collins, or Oldham in a first round or semi final match up they could knock out one of those teams. They nearly beat Anderson in the opening round of the region last year. The only team that I can see being as strong as they were last year is Oldham. Anderson lost quite a bit of pop in their line up and a strong pitcher, Collins will be ok but not nearly as strong as last year's Shelby County team.

29th District

Winner - Oldham Co.

Runner up - North Oldham

30th District

Winner - Anderson Co.

Runner up - Collins

31st District

Winner - Carroll Co.

Runner up - Henry Co.

32nd District

Winner - Simon Kenton

Runner up - Grant Co.

8th Region Championship

Winner - Oldham Co.

Who do you think is the best team in the 8th?

Pretty good predictions Papa. I like Oldham as well ! Collins seems to be getting some early respect for being a new school. Does anyone know what they have?

IMO Carroll will not win the 31st this year. They lost over half of their starting line-up. I do believe Henry will be on top in the 31st with a fairly good chance to make noise in the region. Being as they only lost one starter from last year and have their entire pitching rotation back.

IMO Carroll will not win the 31st this year. They lost over half of their starting line-up. I do believe Henry will be on top in the 31st with a fairly good chance to make noise in the region. Being as they only lost one starter from last year and have their entire pitching rotation back.

Been thinking the same thing but it just all depends on how the seeding for the tournament plays out and who pitches if they play each other.

IMO I think Carroll will do just fine in the 31st the seem to be heading in the right direction. With that being said, it will be tough having lost half of their line up but they still have Wise and Gross two really good pitcher's from what i hear.

Carroll will be fine as Coach Jones has increased the strength of schedule. Henry played them really tough in the Dist. tournament last year and with HC having almost the entire team coming back they will probably be the favorite in this District. I also expect Walton to be pretty solid but the loss of Sullivan hurts alot.

I don't want to sound mean or degrade anyone but I can't imagine Trimble, Walton Verona, or Henry making any noise in the region. Henry may have returned a lot from last years team but they had nothing to offer any of the other teams in the region. They do have great coaches over there but they just don't have the horses. I can't imagine them having the pitching or hitting to compete with an Oldham, Anderson, or Collins. Walton Verona has been down a while and had 1 good pitcher off last years team but I don't think they have a good enough cast around him. Trimble???? If they had 3 solid pitchers and a good hitting core they would have won this region or at least been in the finals last year. I don't know what Trimble has but if they have 3 solid pitchers and a good hitting core then they must have gotten them in from somewhere else because they had nothing the last decade. Again, I know that sounds mean but if you can offer me something to prove me wrong please do so.

What happened to Sullivan? And yes Henry will be tough i agree. I also think Trimble will suprise alot of people this year. They return Three solid pitcher's and a good hitting core. They only lost one senior from last year's team.

Didn't they lose their lefty do to a torn acl during football season? Or will he be recovered by the season? Also I know that both Trimble and Carroll wil scrimmage Henry County in the coming week, that is of course if the weather holds off.