8th Region Predictions

PAPA PIGSKIN

I don't want to sound mean or degrade anyone but I can't imagine Trimble, Walton Verona, or Henry making any noise in the region. Henry may have returned a lot from last years team but they had nothing to offer any of the other teams in the region. They do have great coaches over there but they just don't have the horses. I can't imagine them having the pitching or hitting to compete with an Oldham, Anderson, or Collins. Walton Verona has been down a while and had 1 good pitcher off last years team but I don't think they have a good enough cast around him. Trimble???? If they had 3 solid pitchers and a good hitting core they would have won this region or at least been in the finals last year. I don't know what Trimble has but if they have 3 solid pitchers and a good hitting core then they must have gotten them in from somewhere else because they had nothing the last decade. Again, I know that sounds mean but if you can offer me something to prove me wrong please do so.

Henry only has one hard thrower on their pitching staff this year and the rest are just consistent strike throwers. I think they will be ok in the region it just all depends on the draw for the tournament of course. How many starters did Oldham lose last season? I know they are returning Wade Mason who IMO is the best pitcher the 8th has to offer with a lot of speed and consistency with strikes.

I have heard that they being Oldham Co. only lost 1 senior from last year and will have 10 returning from last year that got varsity playing time. They have Wade Mason and Ryan Rakin that are very good and another top pitcher. But from watching them last year they have a hard time making plays. So unless they have improved that over the winter as long as you can put the ball into play you have a chance. On the schedule being tuff. If that makes your tuffer than watch out for Collins. They are going to be playing one of the tuffest schedules in the state. Imo I would like to get some wins in there to keep the confidence up for the kids. Getting beat everyday even if it is close starts to wear on the team. I still will have to say it will come down to Oldham, Collins and Anderson.

I wasn't trying to say Trimble was going to make a run this year Papa PigSkin, All i'm saying is that they have decent pitching and hitting the best? No but decent? Yes they won four or five more last year then they did the year before because they could hit the ball and had good solid pitching. There lefty is back he was out for football due to a torn ACL but is back idk how he is doing though it it a rough recovery coming back from a ACL injury so i have heard. But if the wheather holds off i guess we will see what Trimble, Carroll and Henry all have this coming up week.