Walton Verona 58 Carroll County 50

Carroll County hosted Walton Verona for their senior night; they had three baskteball players to honor (Curry, Butcher, Hunter) and they honored WV's one senior, Dixon. Hannah Devine led all scorers with 21 points, and hit 10 of 10 from the free throw line.

Carroll did a great job. after getting down 10 points in an emotional 1st quarter they really played great! Took away WV inside game but they had 2 girls who were very hot from the outside.

I wish them the best of luck.

Very sad to say good bye to these seniors, they have been playing for Coach Mefford since Middle School and really respect him and their teammates. I also hope that his next generation of players work as hard as these girls to make Carroll County proud.

Has there been a current rules change that I'm unaware of? Last I checked you get 5 fouls per game. Hopefully for Waltons sake Dixon gets well soon. Obviously she carries them on the inside most nights.
I agree Walton has a lot of interchangable weapons bit Dixon is the one weapon that can"t be replaced

Dixon is by far their best inside player and she played most of the first half. Carroll really packed it in on her and made it difficult for her to score. After the half Sandlin and Judy just were not able to capitalize on how small CC is. CC did a good job of driving it to the basket and getting them to foul.

The referres did not take away the inside game the over the backs and fouling from those two did. WV did not drive and shot from the outside so they did not get fouled.

I saw this game and Carroll really did take the inside game away. Curry did a great job on all three of the WV bigs. 3 of CC's starters played all 32 mins. Walton started the game with four 3's in a row and led CC 12 to 2. Carroll closed it to 2 or 3 a number of times. To WV's credit they were hitting from the outside. Some were open looks but the majority were with a hand in their face. Carroll's game plan was a good one but Walton hit the shots needed to win.