Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 75 Pendleton County 64

Featured Replies

Campbell Co. 75

Pendleton Co. 64

Campbell Co. 17 14 17 21 75

Pendleton Co. 13 10 16 25 64

Campbell Co. (16-8) -- McGovney 23, Losey 23, Graff 12, Kennedy 2, Griffin 5, Cox 5, White 3,

Pendleton Co. (9-17) -- Walsh 10, Monroe 22, Bonar 7, Woods 3, Antrobus 11, Rering 8, Crozier 3.

Edited by dd734

Great outside shooting by the Camels and McGovney had a great second half. Beating the Wildcats at Pendleton Co. is no easy task.

The two Nate's were very good tonight along with Graff.

McGovney had an awesome 4th quarter scoring 15 in that quarter.

Nate McGovney did not miss a shot the whole game I think from the field or free throw line.

The Camels kept Monroe in check the first half allowing him only 2 points.

Monroe came out strong the 3rd quarter and finished with 22 for the game.

 

McGovney and Monroe KY Elite teammates in the spring/summer put on quite a clinic in the 2nd half.

Good Luck to both teams the rest of the way!

The boys from Alexandria simply couldn't miss tonight. Nate Losey had 15 of the Camels' first 25 points, on 5 three-pointers.

 

In the third quarter, Pendleton County tried a Triangle- and 2 defense, chasing McGovney and Losey all over the floor. Graff, Griffin, and Cox started knocking down shots then, and forced PC back into playing man-to-man. Pendleton never got closer than 6 in the second half. Dalton Griffin did a nice job on Monroe defensively tonight. Monroe had 22 points, but had to work hard for every one of them.

 

This was Pendleton County's senior night. Hats off to Pendleton's four seniors- Aaron Bonar, Michael Walsh, Alex Valentine, and Asa Crozier.

Monroe's shots were all a little long and hitting off the back iron the first half. I thought he got to the rim rather easy in the second half and had a couple nice crossover mid range pullups that got him going. Also that baseline move he made was sick in the second half. He went baseline and they cut him off but he very quickly double reversed and went back to the baseline with the lay in. He is a very smooth sophomore.

 

It was nice to get to see the seniors get the start tonight. And speaking of Nate's the Wildcats also honored one of their own tonight. I thought the Baseball team and Boosters did a nice job honoring Nate Jones and was well deserving. I Hope he makes the Chicago White Sox 25 man roster this spring.

Overall it was a good game and I was impressed with the Camels!

How many threes did the Camels hit on the night? I know Pendleton made it closer in the last few minutes when their starters were playing against the Camel subs. Monroe is the real deal as is McGovney.

  • Author

I haven't been able to find the full stats for the game. The Camels did hit several threes. I don't think it was received very well when the Camels subbed in their JV players at the end of the game and the Wildcats continued to press, foul, and call timeouts to try and mount a come back, against the JV players.

They had 8: (1) McGovney, (1) Griffin, (1) Cox, (5) Losey

 

CAMPBELL COUNTY 75, PENDLETON COUNTY 64 — Campbell County's two Nates — sophomore Nate McGovney and senior Nate Losey — scored 23 points apiece, helping the Camels build an early lead and hold on for their 16th win of the season.

 

Losey hit five threes on the night, including three in the first quarter as Campbell County built an eight-point cushion by halftime. Despite 22 points from sophomore guard Mason Monroe, Pendleton couldn't chip into the Camels' lead, though.

 

CAMPBELL CO. 17-14-17-27—75

PENDLETON CO. 13-10-16-25—64

 

CAMPBELL COUNTY (16-8): McGovney 9 4 23, Graff 5 2 12, Kennedy 1 0 2, Griffin 2 0 5, Cox 2 0 5, White 1 0 3, Losey 7 4 23. Totals 27 12 75.

 

PENDLETON COUNTY (9-17): Walsh 3 4 10, Monroe 9 1 22, Bonar 3 1 7, Woods 1 0 3, Antrobus 4 0 11, Rering 4 0 8, Crozier 1 0 3. Totals 25 6 64.

 

3-pointers: C-McGovney, Griffin, Cox, Losey 5. P-Woods, Antrobus 3, Crozier.

I haven't been able to find the full stats for the game. The Camels did hit several threes. I don't think it was received very well when the Camels subbed in their JV players at the end of the game and the Wildcats continued to press, foul, and call timeouts to try and mount a come back, against the JV players.

 

I could not figure out the end of the game either.

  • Author
They had 8: (1) McGovney, (1) Griffin, (1) Cox, (5) Losey

 

CAMPBELL COUNTY 75, PENDLETON COUNTY 64 — Campbell County's two Nates — sophomore Nate McGovney and senior Nate Losey — scored 23 points apiece, helping the Camels build an early lead and hold on for their 16th win of the season.

 

Losey hit five threes on the night, including three in the first quarter as Campbell County built an eight-point cushion by halftime. Despite 22 points from sophomore guard Mason Monroe, Pendleton couldn't chip into the Camels' lead, though.

 

CAMPBELL CO. 17-14-17-27—75

PENDLETON CO. 13-10-16-25—64

 

CAMPBELL COUNTY (16-8): McGovney 9 4 23, Graff 5 2 12, Kennedy 1 0 2, Griffin 2 0 5, Cox 2 0 5, White 1 0 3, Losey 7 4 23. Totals 27 12 75.

 

PENDLETON COUNTY (9-17): Walsh 3 4 10, Monroe 9 1 22, Bonar 3 1 7, Woods 1 0 3, Antrobus 4 0 11, Rering 4 0 8, Crozier 1 0 3. Totals 25 6 64.

 

3-pointers: C-McGovney, Griffin, Cox, Losey 5. P-Woods, Antrobus 3, Crozier.

 

I don't believe the 3 point totals are correct. I doesn't show Monroe with any threes or White.

I don't believe the 3 point totals are correct. I doesn't show Monroe with any threes or White.

 

I don't believe either of them knocked down any treys last night.

  • Author

I thought they did, I thought Monroe had two 3 pointers, and looking at the box score, it shows White with 1 basket and 3 points, and Monroe with 9 baskets and a free throw= 19 if no threes, box score shows him with 22 points. Which that doesn't add up to 22 either. I don't know

Edited by dd734

Campbell could get beat in the districts, or knock off a 10th region favorite, neither would surprise me. Losey and McGovney are players, but in my mind, the Camels go as far a Kennedy can take them.

Monroe definitely hit a three in the second half and I know for sure White had one.

As far as the end of the the game just remember CC started the game with their starters against some of the PC reserves on senior night. So let's don't blow the end of the game out of proportion! Regular season games don't really matter, it is what you do in the post-season that most remember anyways.

I like both teams to be in Maysville the end of February.

Why do you call a timeout with 6 seconds and down 13? I don't know of any 13 point plays.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.