Highlands vs Conner 1/29 Predictions

Highlands played the Cougars in the Mercer Co tourney over the Christmas break and won by 10 points.

Conner is trying to get back on track after struggling in December and early January.

Tripleheader starts at 11:30am at Highlands. Frosh/JV and Varsity tipoff is at 2:30pm.

I'm sure Conner is more focused on Boone right now. That said, I like Conner in this one. They played horrible in the earlier loss in Mercer Cty. They have made some zone offense adjustments (which Highlands played the entire game). This would be a very bad loss if Conner stumbles to them again. No secret Highlands is really struggling, especially with Stewart still injured.

Tough weekend coming up for the Cougars. They have Boone on Friday night and then travel to Highland Heights for the Birds on Saturday afternoon. I think Conner will be a different team than the one that played Highlands in the Mercer tournament, but I am concerned about the two games in less than 24 hours. I still believe Conner comes away with a win. I will feel more confident with my prediction after I see how Friday night goes. A bad showing at Boone could carry over. This team needs Flesch, Hodges, and Robinson to show up all weekend.

Tough weekend coming up for the Cougars. They have Boone on Friday night and then travel to Highland Heights for the Birds on Saturday afternoon. I think Conner will be a different team than the one that played Highlands in the Mercer tournament, but I am concerned about the two games in less than 24 hours. I still believe Conner comes away with a win. I will feel more confident with my prediction after I see how Friday night goes. A bad showing at Boone could carry over. This team needs Flesch, Hodges, and Robinson to show up all weekend.

I hope they go to Highland Heights because that will assure the Birds of a victory and Conner may struggle a little against the Norse. In all seriousness, Highlands has never performed well in these games on Saturday afternoons. If my recollection is correct, they have not won one of these games for quite some time if ever.

Why are the playing this one at Northern ?

Now see "SB", that Team from Ft. Thomas that I used a couple of years ago, is still needed today! :idunno: :D

A must win for both underachieving teams .

I would agree that Conner has underachieved but Highlands is playing about as well as I expected without Stewart. I dont know what your expectations were of this team considering his 16pts and 10 rebounds per game have been missing. My expectations were that they would play hard and be competetive with the strong Region teams like Boone Co, Cov Cath, NCC, etc while he was out and when he came back they would make their run. I think they played pretty well against CovCath and Boone Co. They struggled offensively against NCC but they had a very good gameplan and shutdown Egan/Crowley the Highlands scorers. The one positive takeaway from that NCC game was that they held them to 31 points through the final 3 qtrs after being down 14-11 at the end of the 1st qtr. They have pulled off a couple of close wins over Russell on the road and Schroder at home. They handled a quick and scrappy Newport team last night.

If they lose to Conner I wont be surprised but I think its a winnable game for them tomorrow. The problem is going to be playing in an empty gym on a Saturday afternoon.