Conner 57 Cooper 42

Observations:

1. Flesch goes 10/13 from the line tonight, he must be able to shoot a high percentage from the stripe for this team to be in games down the stretch.

2. After struggling in mtm D, Conner goes to zone in 2nd half and Cooper struggles offensively.

3. Robinson struggles mightily in the first half, but had a big Q3 that saw Conner get some separation.

4. Hodges chips in 15 and once again came up with some key blocks.

5. These three players are going to have to carry this team the rest of the way if they want any chance of making the 9th Region Tournament.

Nice win against a Cooper team that had been playing pretty good bb. The 33rd District Tournament should produce some really good games.

Good win for Conner. Down 10 or 12 early and then a great 3rd quarter won the game for them.

Good to see them go inside early in the 3rd to take advantage of some matchups.

Zone killed Cooper's penetration.

I really like Bradley's game. He had one of the more impressive blocks you'll see tonight.

Good win for Conner. Down 10 or 12 early and then a great 3rd quarter won the game for them.

I really like Bradley's game. He had one of the more impressive blocks you'll see tonight.

I said the same thing after seeing him against Boone in the LMIT. Very nice player and does a lot of things well.

Was that the one where Hodges seemed to be wide open for a drop step dunk and Bradley met him above the rim to send it back? That one was nice.

Bradley had a nice block, but Cooper lost by 15 points. I saw the block, but I also saw Cooper struggle against a zone and make way too many turnovers. If Conner had stayed in their man 2 man, Cooper would have won this game though. Good call by Coach Hicks. The Cougars could not stop the penetration of Bradley and the zone shut them down. The Jags were very aggressive early and were moving the ball well to get good shots. Conner came alive in the second half. Flesch did an excellent job of making plays and got some help from a couple of treys from Robinson and some nice put backs from Hodges. I saw signs of a transition game from the Cougars. There was so much more basketball there to discuss, but we are more focused with one block.

So would you Cougar fans say they are turning their season around at this point? This is a nice win against a Cooper team that has been playing well.

I don't know if we are ready to say turned around yet, but it does feel better to be competitive. This was a must win and the Cougars pulled it off. The previous two games were multiple OT losses to good teams. Friday's game against Boone will be a sign as to what to expect down the stretch. I am forcasting a closer game than last time, but I am still uneasy as to the consistancy of the Cougar's play.

I also want to mention that last night's game was not an easy win. Cooper is a much improved team. Coach Sullivan has done a terrific job with his group and I feel like they are earning their respect. As a Conner fan, I am proud of our win against Cooper.

So would you Cougar fans say they are turning their season around at this point? This is a nice win against a Cooper team that has been playing well.

Tough to say at this point. As mentioned earlier, this was a very strong and much needed win. The prior 2 games Conner lost in 3OT to a very good Campbell team, and in 2OT to a strong Ryle team that just beat Holmes by 10. A bounce here or there and we are talking about an impressive winning streak right now. However, the reality is they did just get a good win vs a surging Cooper team. Tomorrow's game vs Boone Cty is HUGE. A win vs Boone on Friday, followed by another win on Saturday vs Highlands would make me confidently say that Conner is/has turned the corner. Until then, we'll have to wait and see.................