George Rogers Clark 73 Covington Catholic 46

I hope Vinnys ok,I herd he broke it..Sounds like Cards played well though..

Initial reports are showing high ankle spains which will have him out two weeks min. We are waiting in final word about the injury. If he is out for a while, GRC will need to readjust for the slate of games that are coming up;

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GRC was very unselfish with the ball. The boys seemed to be looking for each other and Bopper Stenzel played awesome defense. I'm hoping that it isn't anything serious either. I talked to Goldie and we was speculating that it may be a high ankle sprain.

Keep us updated on Zollo.

Initial reports are showing high ankle spains which will have him out two weeks min. We are waiting in final word about the injury. If he is out for a while, GRC will need to readjust for the slate of games that are coming up;

I hope and pray that it isn't broken. I hope that he is able to come back too.

Just got in from the game. Talked to Theoldguy, a pleasue as always.

Zollo went down with 2:39 to go in the 2nd quarter. They took him to hospital to get x-ray.

Just talked to Vinny's mon x-rays came out good. It is very swollen, Cap is working on him now.

Jaylan Daniel was named defensive player of the game. Travis Purvis was named player of the game by WVLK radio.

Great game by Travis Purvis tonight off the bench. Adam Fatkin also looked good.

Heard he broke it, or hoped he broke it? Not saying you want a high school player hurt, but I would guess many Royal fans are foaming at the mouth tonight.

I sure hope that Royal fans aren't hoping that he broke it. That would be just TERRIBLE!! I hate to see any young man to get hurt, no matter who he plays for.

Zollo went down with 2:39 to go in the 2nd quarter. They took him to hospital to get x-ray.

Just talked to Vinny's mon x-rays came out good. It is very swollen, Cap is working on him now.

Jaylan Daniel was named defensive player of the game. Travis Purvis was named player of the game by WVLK radio.

Great game by Travis Purvis tonight off the bench. Adam Fatkin also looked good.

Hey Goldie!! It was great to see you at the game tonight? What is the timetable for Vinny's return?

Just got a text from Vinny's mon, He will NOT be playing tomorrow. Not sure how long he will be out.

That is probably a very good thing to let him rest that angle. GRC can run a leaner package (which seemes to work very well). Been impressed with Travis Purvis play coming off the bench. Has been getting some points and equal rebounds. Chralie Rogers continues to do a great job also.

1/21/2011

Clark Co. 73 Covington Catholic 46

Clark Co. 19 13 19 22 73

Covington Catholic 10 11 12 13 46

Clark Co. (15-4) -- Daniel 15, B.Stenzel 2, Moore 1, Co.Rogers 17, R.Stenzel 19, Purvis 10, Rogers, Ch.Rogers 2, Fatkin 2, Martin 3, Whitton 2.

Covington Catholic (12-5) -- Ward 3, Thelen 16, Connelly 13, Riedinger 5, Schult 3, Cleves 2, Hyden 4.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=493196999316319&RecordID=8504&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1BjJkPihJ

Cov. Cath.

Field Goal % 37.7

3 point % 10

Free Throw % 31.2

Turnovers 17

2nd chance points 13

Bench points 12

Steals 3

Points off TO 7

GRC

Field Goal % 58.5

3 Point % 55.6

Free Throw % 54.5

Points off Turnovers 18

2nd chance points 12

Bench points 20

Turnovers 10

Steals 12

So glad to hear x-rays came out good. Go Cards!!