Deming 47 Bracken County 36

dell

Deming improves their record to 8-4 defeating Bracken County in the Championship game. Congratulations to the Devils who went 4-0 in the tournament defeating Augusta, Leslie County, South Laurel, and Bracken County. Next up for the Devils will be St. Pat on Tuesday night at the Devils Dome. Congratulations also goes out to the Polar Bears for a well played tournament.

Deming improves their record to 8-4 defeating Bracken County in the Championship game. Congratulations to the Devils who went 4-0 in the tournament defeating Augusta, Leslie County, South Laurel, and Bracken County. Next up for the Devils will be St. Pat on Tuesday night at the Devils Dome. Congratulations also goes out to the Polar Bears for a well played tournament.

Score was actually 47-36.

Close but ugly game in the first half, lots and lots of driving layups and little scoring from beyond 10 feet. I could have scored 20 in this game. Second half just ugly only for BC,as they only scored 11 points. All teams in this tournament looked tired and sluggish in the games yesterday,free throw shooting was atrocious.

Didn't get to this one, but I saw Deming and Bracken both play on Wednesday. Sat with some long-time friends from Robertson County.

Both have a chance to make some noise in this year's 10th Region All-A.

Congrats to the Devils on the win!

You must have been the guy a saw proudly wearing his BLUEGRASS PREPS hat sitting by a women in red.

That would have been me.:thumb: Always willing to go the extra mile and do some free advertising for the site.:D

Ease up on that "woman in red" stuff, though.:sssh:

PS, I would like to have been there last night. Friends on both sides of the court.

Had the atmosphere of the old Deming/Bracken district tourney games in the late 80's when both teams hated each other. I remember when these two teams were in the same district, but didn't play each other because one team ransacked the other's locker room during a game the previous season. :lol:

Those were the days...

Close but ugly game in the first half, lots and lots of driving layups and little scoring from beyond 10 feet. I could have scored 20 in this game. Second half just ugly only for BC,as they only scored 11 points. All teams in this tournament looked tired and sluggish in the games yesterday,free throw shooting was atrocious.

Bracken's box-and-one slowed the game, as did Deming's patience and poise in attacking it. But yes, shooting was pretty horrid--particularly for the host Polar Bears.