December 22, 201015 yr Last I saw was that he's out the rest of the regular season, and should be ready come playoff time. Is that not the case? Their final two games are against Carolina (tomorrow) and Cleveland. I think he could play if necessary, but they are choosing to rest him.
December 22, 201015 yr He hasn't been ruled out for the Cleveland game. Might have played this week if they weren't on short week. By your logic, only players who play all 162 MLB games or all 82 NBA games should be eligible for those leagues' respective awards. If you miss 20% of your season you should be out of contention. I would think Harrison would be the leader for MVP for the Steelers anyway.
December 22, 201015 yr Author He hasn't been ruled out for the Cleveland game. Might have played this week if they weren't on short week. By your logic, only players who play all 162 MLB games or all 82 NBA games should be eligible for those leagues' respective awards. That's not even close to the same thing and you know it Jim. When your season consists of only 16 games, missing virtually 20% of those games, is a big deal....Just as a baseball player that misses 30+ games, or an NBAer that misses 15+ shouldn't be eligible for their awards. Don't let your blind loyalty and love for the Steelers cloud your judgement. And please don't bring up my dislike for the Steelers, because Troy is easily one of my favorite players to watch play.
December 22, 201015 yr That's not even close to the same thing and you know it Jim. When your season consists of only 16 games, missing virtually 20% of those games, is a big deal....Just as a baseball player that misses 30+ games, or an NBAer that misses 15+ shouldn't be eligible for their awards. Don't let your blind loyalty and love for the Steelers cloud your judgement. And please don't bring up my dislike for the Steelers, because Troy is easily one of my favorite players to watch play. It is all a judgment call on a case-by-case basis. I do not look at percentages or think of it in that regard -- within reason of course. If Troy plays in 13 games, one of which he misses is against the helpless Panthers, I am not going to hold it against him. He was also the catalyst is their early season victories when Big Ben was out, so that offsets it, imo.
December 22, 201015 yr It is all a judgment call on a case-by-case basis. I do not look at percentages or think of it in that regard -- within reason of course. If Troy plays in 13 games, one of which he misses is against the helpless Panthers, I am not going to hold it against him. He was also the catalyst is their early season victories when Big Ben was out, so that offsets it, imo. :thumb: I don't think you can use a hard and fast rule. I wouldn't have any problem with Polamalu winning the DPOY, even if he misses the rest of the season. The impact he has on the Steelers winning and losing is undeniable. That has to be a factor in the discussion in addition to stats. I wouldn't have a problem with Vick winning the MVP and he's missed some time as well.
December 22, 201015 yr He hasn't been ruled out for the Cleveland game. Might have played this week if they weren't on short week. By your logic, only players who play all 162 MLB games or all 82 NBA games should be eligible for those leagues' respective awards. Edit... Someone already said it...
December 23, 201015 yr If you miss 20% of your season you should be out of contention. I would think Harrison would be the leader for MVP for the Steelers anyway. Harrison is having another probowl year, but its easy to see that the top defensive MVP canidate for the Steelers is Troy...
December 23, 201015 yr I am throwing Julius Peppers name out there. He is not putting up the numbers of Tuck or Wake, but he has as much if not more impact than any d- linemen in the league, IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.