Boys high school basketball on ESPN (U)

Tonight is a great night to watch some star players. Right now is Davis (UK committment) against a Whitney Young team...they are loaded. Players to watch are Freshman, Young 6'7, #32, and Olkfor 6'9 (sp). Sophomore Hamelton 6'10. This is on ESPN U.

Then around 7:00 tonight on ESPN, Findlay Prep. Players to watch are Lew Walace, Brandon Dawson

Ahh thank you for alerting us Gold Sunrise! I was in desperate need of something to do with all of this snow. Watching a future Uk player can fill that void. Thanks!

You are welcomre, thought some of you basketball junkies, like me, would enjoy these games and players. Let me know what players you like.

This current Yates High school- Findlay Prep game is some extremely entertaining basketball.

Also, I found the details ESPN just told about Findlay Prep very interesting.

I enjoyed that info too. Boy is this a fast paced game. I counted a couple of times and it took each team only 5-6 seconds to score.

The first two games are exactly why doing away with AAU ball is a bad thing for the college game. Guys like Davis and Dawson have no chance against power teams because the guys around them simply aren't good enough...

I agree with you 100%.

Ive been saying for the past 2yrs that Nick Johnson is a STUD. I love this kids game. Inside and out he defends. He's got a great jumper and is very athletic. Not to mention with his size he can play 1-2-3.

Nephew of Vince Johnson is someone UK is missing out on. He is a leader and winner. He is what the 2011 class needs to win a championship.

Last season I had the same feeling about Tobias Harris.....It kills me to watch these two guy and know they won't be in UK BLUE.

I wasn't very impressed with Davis.

A lot of his stats came because of his size and pure athleticism. He will need to improve his strength tremendously between now and next winter.

Kabongo and Johnson are the real deal for Findlay. Johnson's dunk late in the game where he looked down at the defender as he was going up...WOW!

Understandable...but I think that he will need to improve his strength between now and next winter. He had the ball simply taken away from him several times down low.

He'll be fine. His skill set is absurd for someone that size and length...