Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Red Sox sign Carl Crawford

Featured Replies

I love the move...how could you not?

 

That is a TON of money though. These FA's are getting PAID.

 

Will Boston still have Scutaro?

 

Ellsbury & Crawford could wreak havoc on the base paths.

 

Scutaro is under contract thru the 2011 season, pretty sure that's it as Jose Iglesias is on target to be the starting SS in 2012. I read yesterday that they are still kicking the tires on Russell Martin. Also it appears that they are looking at Crawford in left & hitting second, w/ Pedroia possibly leading off & Ellsbury batting ninth, assuming he doesn't get dealt...

With Cameron as the 4th OFer, does this give Boston the best defensive OF in the game? I'd say it has to be right up there at the top.

 

Just a sick lineup if healthy...

 

2B Pedroia

LF Crawford

DH Ortiz

3B Youklis

1B Gonzalez

RF Drew

C Salt

SS Scutaro

CF Ellsbury

  • Author
With Cameron as the 4th OFer, does this give Boston the best defensive OF in the game? I'd say it has to be right up there at the top.

 

Just a sick lineup if healthy...

 

2B Pedroia

LF Crawford

DH Ortiz

3B Youklis

1B Gonzalez

RF Drew

C Salt

SS Scutaro

CF Ellsbury

 

From what I've been reading the Sox are going to give Jed Lowrie every chance to win the every day job at shortstop in 2011. It should be one of the best overall defensive teams in the league. Offensively it is full of players that will run up pitch counts and grind out at bats.

With Cameron as the 4th OFer, does this give Boston the best defensive OF in the game? I'd say it has to be right up there at the top.

 

Just a sick lineup if healthy...

 

2B Pedroia

LF Crawford

DH Ortiz

3B Youklis

1B Gonzalez

RF Drew

C Salt

SS Scutaro

CF Ellsbury

I'd be willing to bet that there is no way Ortiz bats 3rd in that line up.
I'd be willing to bet that there is no way Ortiz bats 3rd in that line up.

 

Flip-flop him and Gonzo if you'd like then...:idunno: It'll be one of those two, they aren't going to want to have the 3 lefties in a row, so Youk is out of the question IMO.

From what I've been reading the Sox are going to give Jed Lowrie every chance to win the every day job at shortstop in 2011. It should be one of the best overall defensive teams in the league. Offensively it is full of players that will run up pitch counts and grind out at bats.

 

I'd love for the Reds to pursue Scutaro and/or Ellsbury.

 

I wanted the Reds to sign Scutaro last year. He's relatively affordable (2 years, $11.5 million).

  • Author
Flip-flop him and Gonzo if you'd like then...:idunno: It'll be one of those two, they aren't going to want to have the 3 lefties in a row, so Youk is out of the question IMO.

 

It most likely be Gonzalez 3rd and Ortiz 5th. Lowrie, if he wins the job, will probably hit 6th.

With the deals of Gonzalez and Crawford, do the Red Sox stay in pursuit of Russ Martin? I hope so, not to confident in Salt as the everyday catcher.

 

Cant be any worse than Martinez back there.

When does Pujols get his next contract? He might be the only hope that baseball ever does something with the out of control spending. I doubt it but I can't imagine what he's going to get with these other contracts being so high.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.