Mayfield 49 Caldwell County 0

UK fball fan

A near flawless performance by the Cardinals, who ended up with 533 Total yards, 261 rushing on 45 carries and 272 passing, while the defense held the Tigers to 11 total yards in the 2nd half. The Tigers aren't a bad team, just ran into a buzzsaw tonight who kept up there intensity for 48 minutes, regardless of who was in there....

They have to be the favorite for 1A in my view.

No doubt about it... great team speed, quality depth, swarming defense, alot of playmakers, solid line on both sides of the ball, can run and pass equally well, excellent kicking game, playing like a team on a mission and a very smart team, as well...You name it, these guys can do it..

No doubt about it... great team speed, quality depth, swarming defense, alot of playmakers, solid line on both sides of the ball, can run and pass equally well, excellent kicking game, playing like a team on a mission and a very smart team, as well...You name it, these guys can do it..

Could they be the best in all classes?

Could they be the best in all classes?

No, they aren't in Trinity, St X or Highlands class, by any means, but, I feel they'd more than compete for a championship in 2a or 3a and would be a Top 3-4 team in 4a and likely a Top 15-20 team overall. They haven't played a great schedule, so, it's really hard to say, but, I feel quite confident they could and would beat alot of the bigger schools. They dress alot of quality kids and can go 2 deep at about every position, without much fall off, which is rare for a small school and there ability to mix the run and pass with there skill players would make it tough for anyone to contain, plus, they have 4 Sr starting linemen, who've all started 2 or 3 yrs and that's an area where the bigger schools usually have an edge, but, I don't think there's that much of a gap in Mayfields case.