Berea Football

BIG_BALLIN

I have no idea why he quit, I understand that his wife is coaching another sport in Lincoln County? I am hearing the top candidate for the head coaching job is a Coleman that has been assistant coaching. I do wish Berea the best and McWhorter luck in whatever he does. He did help the Berea program advance forward.

I have no idea why he quit, I understand that his wife is coaching another sport in Lincoln County? I am hearing the top candidate for the head coaching job is a Coleman that has been assistant coaching. I do wish Berea the best and McWhorter luck in whatever he does. He did help the Berea program advance forward.

I don't think Coach Coleman can be the Head Coach because his wife is the A.D. and assistant principal.

I didn't know Deb was at Berea HS...she and Adam were always really nice folks...glad to see she has moved up from her teaching position at Rockcastle County to an administrative position/AD at Berea Community HS.

Paul Hester is now listed as the ehad coach per the Berea HS directory listing on the KHSAA web site... http://www.khsaa.org/directory/index.php?school_id=19

From what I do know, Coach McWhorter is a full-time preacher along with his coaching duties. His wife, the former Cassandra Peak, is the current girls basketball coach at Lincoln County. And they just had a baby a couple months ago. I'm guessing it might have all started to add up for Coach.

I only wish that Coach McWhorter would have worked things out to finish the season. I may not be privy to some of his later coaching, but, the only coaching experience I know of that Paul Hester has is coaching youth league football in the Berea Youth league. I suppose that with Coleman helping him, they can put enough experience together to finish the season. I also don't know what policies are in place at Berea, but, in Rockcastle the AD/Assistant Principal is married to the girls head basketball coach and there certainly have been no problems there.

Not sure if he would be interested, but I think Charlie Owens over at East Jessamine would be a great fit at Berea.He played at Berea Community, played college at Morehead, and has worked under very good head coaches Paul Rains and Mike Bowlin. If he is interested it would only make sense for someone who has had a lot of expirence and knowledge to take over there.

Edited by BIG_BALLIN
spelling

I think they are going to go through the rest of the season with the interim coach. Not sure if they will hire within the program or outside. I'm pretty sure any alumni would be interested in coaching their old school, especially if it was their first head coaching job. Who is Paul Hester is he qualified to be the next head coach?

I know of three coaches right now who are very interested in the job, and all are from Berea, and all have a lot of experience. Each of them have been assistants under really good coaches at other programs. I'm not saying the coaches down there now are horrible by any means, but Berea needs people who understand the community and what these kids need.

I'm hearing a lot of things about this job. I talked to somebody who is in the school and they want somebody who is either from Berea, or went to school at Berea. The coaches who are on the staff now are ok, but the superindendant and faculty want somebody that actually teaches in the building and that understands the kids at this small 1A school. I already said Charlie Owens would be a great fit, but do you all know anybody that would fit this bill?

If they are from Berea or played at Berea the chances of them knowing how to win are VERY slim. Probably should look for someone who has any experience with building a program.

That's why I say Charlie Owens, as a player he went to the playoffs under Aaron Stepp, played at Morehead, coached under Paul Rains at LCA, and won a lot of games as an assistant under Mike Bowlin.