Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County's Jacob Bodner commits to Xavier University

Featured Replies

I meant to post this the other day. Congratulations to a great kid from a great family. I am honored to know the Bodners and have enjoyed watching Jacob play baseball and basketball since his elementary school days. It was evident early on he was going to be a success in high school and beyond. I wish him and his family nothing but the best and much love from my family. Time for me to invest in some Xavier Baseball tee shirts. Congratulations.

 

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2010/09/29/spo.768763.sto

I know that X was really high on the kid . Good get for X.

 

He will love the campus.

Jacob Bodner is a really nice baseball player. Dave Camic told me he might have been their best pitcher last season, but he couldn't afford to take him off shortstop. Just a really good all-around player. Best of luck!

  • Author
I know that X was really high on the kid . Good get for X.

 

He will love the campus.

 

His sister is a cheerleader at Xavier. I think he has been in love with the campus for a couple of years now.:lol:

 

In all seriousness...I think Xavier's package that they gave him was the best offer he received but having his sister already there brings a familiarity the other schools couldn't offer. She was probably their recruiting coordinator without even knowing it.

  • Author
Jacob Bodner is a really nice baseball player. Dave Camic told me he might have been their best pitcher last season, but he couldn't afford to take him off shortstop. Just a really good all-around player. Best of luck!

 

Yes he is. I look forward to watching him as the #1 pitcher this year after the summer he had. He got better as the season went on last year and from everything I have heard his summer was spectacular. He could be the best player in the 12th region this year.

His sister is a cheerleader at Xavier. I think he has been in love with the campus for a couple of years now.:lol:

 

In all seriousness...I think Xavier's package that they gave him was the best offer he received but having his sister already there brings a familiarity the other schools couldn't offer. She was probably their recruiting coordinator without even knowing it.

 

I know they were playing the sister/family angle. You work with what you have.

His sister is a cheerleader at Xavier. I think he has been in love with the campus for a couple of years now.:lol:

 

In all seriousness...I think Xavier's package that they gave him was the best offer he received but having his sister already there brings a familiarity the other schools couldn't offer....

 

Sometimes factors like this are helpful in the transition to college life. I saw him pitch in the Junior East/West All Star Game and he did a very good job.

I was told he hits 90 to 92.

  • Author
I was told he hits 90 to 92.

 

He can do that consistently.

  • Author
He has topped out at 94

 

That is true as well.

  • Author
I heard he hit 105.

 

I guess you never got a hit off of him when you faced him. He must of suckered you in with 2 fastballs and then buckled your knees with a curve. Oh well, maybe you'll get another chance to hit against him again one day. Good luck to you.

Update: Jacob is now the closer for X.

 

4th year at X. Sat out last year with an injury.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.