Southwestern 36 Mercer County 14

cammando

ill say i agree with coldweatherfan on the adjustments and if there are any made, and actually the kids really liked and wantd the Henderson coach and were completely surprised to hear he wasnt comeing less then a day after being hired becuase the school would not let him bring in his own staff, and also we have been playing SW for longer then last friday night and i remember our Men beating your boys up and down the field on friday night not that long ago so... and i believe if they had the chance they would go back and extend jaggers contract, i certainly wasnt his biggest fan in the world but i honestly would rather have jaggers back

I think this post right here sums everything up in a nutshell, the Madsionville coach leaving had nothing to do with not being allowed to bring assistants (I will also bet he counts his blessings everyday that he went back to Madisonville). I am sure you would rather have Jaggers back, no off season weights, no spring practice. Hey your son got a vacation from November until July and it shows on the field on Friday night.

I think this post right here sums everything up in a nutshell, the Madsionville coach leaving had nothing to do with not being allowed to bring assistants (I will also bet he counts his blessings everyday that he went back to Madisonville). I am sure you would rather have Jaggers back, no off season weights, no spring practice. Hey your son got a vacation from November until July and it shows on the field on Friday night.

I was the one who initially said that about the Madisonville-North Hopkins coach. We all know the politically correct answer(his commitment to the kids at Madisonville-North Hopkins) but the behind the scenes answer is that he couldn't bring his staff. Much like Shadon Brown(number 2 choice) and then Clay Clevenger(number 3 choice) from Henderson County(I had Henderson County in my head for some reason) simply decided he didn't want the job. Bill Mason was the number 4 choice of the administration.

As I said, until the kids completely buy into the program then things will remain the same. I don't believe they have bought into the program like the kids at other schools do.

From what I know with sources close to the program, the reason Jaggers resigned so late in the summer was in hopes that it would all, but force the current administration to hire Bill Mason. Jaggers knew Mason was the man for the job, the kids loved playing for Mason and to my knowledge, still do. Unfortunately, though, the administration tried every way in their power not to give the job to Mason.

Let's see Mr. and Mrs. Coldweather, you weren't happy with Jaggers who went 10-2 in 2005 (premerger), 15-0 in 2006 with a 2A state championship (merger or not, the 900 or so kids Mercer had that year is nomore of an advantage than what is going on in some classes under the new 6 classes), weren't happy his last year in 2008 when he led Mercer County to a 5A District Championship. And, now, you aren't happy with a man in Bill Mason whom is trying to build his own program? Are they lighting the world up? No. However, anybody with any real football sense at all can tell you that it typically takes 3-4 years. On the flip side, if Mercer doesn't lose an explosive player like James Johnson, this team is 4-4 at worst and more than likely in the hunt for a #2 seed in the district.

So, I guess at what I'm getting at is this; what does make you happy? It's negativity like yours that is part of the problem that Spread-O is talking about. It's a shame the kids that are playing there guts out and doing all they can to believe in Mason and his system, have to be subjected to this kind of negativity and I'm sure you aren't alone with your pessimism.

Let the kids play. Let the coaches coach.

Thank you for the personal attack it's very kind of you.

You know nothing about me me. So you speak of that which you do not know.

I was supportive of Jaggers when he was here and am supportive of the current staff. If you knew me you would know that. But you don't know me.

Marty Jaggers never heard one bad word from me and was never told how to coach by me. I have a different opinion as to why he waited so long to tell the administration he was leaving, and it wasn't for Bill's benefit.

Bill Mason has never heard one bad word from me nor has he been told how to coach by me. I am one of the biggest fans and supporters of the team.

But, I guess according to you I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

I never said I wasn't happy with Mason. But I don't think we do a good job of adjusting. That is honest opinion.

Purple, the reason the kids havent bought into the system is due to the fact that they do not like it , and yes he did have problems there to, i believe a couple more 0-10 or 1-10 seasons, also sorry for the mix up gchs, also ive heard the Titans lost another speed back, so now they are out a QB, FB. 2 RB, DT, OT, both KR and PR, it just gets worse? wonder y they are ALL so injury prone, could weight training have something to do with this? every game with the exception of south laurel every team is bigger and stronger, given thats not every player, but the lack of dedication shows and in my eyes this is why all these injurys are showing up, your oppinion?

Edited by RememberThis?
forgot a sentence

Purple, the reason the kids havent bought into the system is due to the fact that they do not like it , and yes he did have problems there to, i believe a couple more 0-10 or 1-10 seasons, also sorry for the mix up gchs, also ive heard the Titans lost another speed back, so now they are out a QB, FB. 2 RB, DT, OT, both KR and PR, it just gets worse? wonder y they are ALL so injury prone, could weight training have something to do with this? every game with the exception of south laurel every team is bigger and stronger, given thats not every player, but the lack of dedication shows and in my eyes this is why all these injurys are showing up, your oppinion?

This is hilarious you say the teams they play are bigger and stronger. Hello that is becasue they have all been in the weightroom! So you want to get rid of the coach who HAS implemented a weight training program and has held the kid accountable. Those kids hit the weight room right after Thanksgiving last year and there were coaches int he weightroom at 6AM and after school 4 days a week, they also had a spring practice for the first time in several years. Also the kids that didn't want to participate are no longer with the team. All this that he has implemented and you give him 16 months and want him out. Tell your son to listen to the coach and not you and he will be successful I am sure your negativity and dislike for the current coach is doing him no good.

If I am not mistaken Mason had 3 successful years at Nelson before his last year but I am not for sure, I know they always played a tough schedule. The coaching isn't the problem it just takes hard work in the off season. Which is something these kids haven't been asked to do before! I don't know if he is the right man or not but I do know that he has put a lot of things in place that will lead to a successful program but are the kids tough enough to meet his demands. If they do success will follow!

well in case you didnt know, the original head coach got in trouble and was demoted to an assistant and the year after he left and mason was the "only" head coach, it was the same results as now, also if you read my enitre post, I SAID WEIGHT TRAINING MUST BE A PROBLEM, and if you think that all those mercer players still on the team lifted then you have not been to a game my friend becuase if they have been lifting, the maximum requirment was a girl push-up becuase its not showing, sure there are a few with dedication, but it takes a team and not just a couple boys. Also, what in your mind thinks you have any right to tell me how to raise my kid? so you sit back, act like you know whats going on and be quiete, becuase 1 Jaggers did have a weight program which the athletic trainer Tod Davis maintained, 2nd i only know of two players being forced off the team and it had nothing to do with lifting, 3rd Mason has NEVER been succesful by himself, 19-15 with ex head coach, 0-10 without.... sound familiar, once again not saying we are the best team or state championship calibar, but more is expected and more is possible by far