Southwestern 36 Mercer County 14

cammando

It was a good game but REALLY lopsided in penalties, Mercer did truly commit a couple but it was rediculous, Mercer only had one turnover i believe but once again after the first quarter the same old stuff gets old and the defense can stop it everytime, this coach is an embarrasment and so is the offensive coordinator, but Mercer i believe should have won this game, they dont have their starting qb, star back, main pitch man, and startin d-tackle and we still took it as far as Masons playbook would let us, they would be better off to get a marker board and draw plays on the sideline, plain and simple, if he dont get his act together.... this season is shot becuase we couldnt even beat Licnoln Co. with coach this season, judge me on what i say if you want to but what do u think is the reason? becuase the kids feel the same way and they are tired of loosing and so are us parents!!

Remember this? Do you actually watch the football games? The SW offensive and defensive lines manhandled the Mercer lines. Mercer needs to get in the weightroom!

I got an idea it is apparent that 5A is too tough for the Mercer kids! Maybe they can petition the KHSAA to let them play in 2A and they can beat up on the Casey County's of the world and you can come on here and pound your chest about how good they are!

That game last night was the simple case of the boys of Mercer against the men of SW and the boys didn't want any! But oh yeah it was the coaches fault!

Remember this? Do you actually watch the football games? The SW offensive and defensive lines manhandled the Mercer lines. Mercer needs to get in the weightroom!

I got an idea it is apparent that 5A is too tough for the Mercer kids! Maybe they can petition the KHSAA to let them play in 2A and they can beat up on the Casey County's of the world and you can come on here and pound your chest about how good they are!

That game last night was the simple case of the boys of Mercer against the men of SW and the boys didn't want any! But oh yeah it was the coaches fault!

I don't think he is talking about JUST the Southwestern game when speaking on Mercer County's troubles. Just let him vent. Last night's game and his post is just the beginning of things to come. It will get worse before it gets better. And yes, Mercer is without their starting qb, starting rb and other key players are banged up as well so all is not well in Mercer County right now. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe they just aren't very good? I have seen 2 games and they just get dominated on the line of scrimmage. Plus last night there were several players on the sideline that were in street clothes not playing. In watching the game they appear to be weak up front and get pushed around.

Mason is a better man than me, to deal with what he is dealing with. He was dealt a really bad hand, that it will take a tremendous amount of time and energy to fix. The parents think they are playing in 2A against Garrard, Casey and the likes and haven't come to the realization that they are playing with the big boys now. Their kids need buy into hardwork and preparation year around and their parents need to quit making excuses and looking for someone else to blame!

I will end with this if the current parent atmosphere in Mercer County doesn't change there will NEVER be a successful program. The parents feed the negativity as this post suggests by not supporting the program. My son got his butt kicked lets blame the coach!

And in case you are wondering, Yes I know some of the coaches and know they are doing their best and what they are dealing with in regards to the parents and it is not conducive to a winning program.

The parents think they are playing in 2A against Garrard, Casey and the likes and haven't come to the realization that they are playing with the big boys now.

Hey, what did we do?!:lol:

Just kidding Spread O, I know exactly what you mean. Expectations have been a little too high at Mercer for a couple years now. I think they can get there eventually, but not quite yet.

Calling Coach Jaggars.:cool:

Fot what. To thank him for chasing away most of the kids in last year's and this year's senior classes? He contributed to the problems at Mercer. His last year there there was no emphasis on weightlifting and there was no spring practice. He left the school, the program, and coach Mason behind the 8-ball.

While I will agree this was a bad group of officials. They did not cost Mercer the game.

Southwestern was bigger and stronger, and won both lines of scrimmage. Mercer had a little more speed, and had a couple of nice edge plays, but once SW adjusted , they took those away.

My critisim of Mercer's coaches is that they come out with a game plan, and if it doesn't work they either can't or won't adjust. Mercer has been in most games at the half, but it seems opposing coaches make adjustments and we don't.

Fot what. To thank him for chasing away most of the kids in last year's and this year's senior classes? He contributed to the problems at Mercer. His last year there there was no emphasis on weightlifting and there was no spring practice. He left the school, the program, and coach Mason behind the 8-ball.

From what I know with sources close to the program, the reason Jaggers resigned so late in the summer was in hopes that it would all, but force the current administration to hire Bill Mason. Jaggers knew Mason was the man for the job, the kids loved playing for Mason and to my knowledge, still do. Unfortunately, though, the administration tried every way in their power not to give the job to Mason.

Let's see Mr. and Mrs. Coldweather, you weren't happy with Jaggers who went 10-2 in 2005 (premerger), 15-0 in 2006 with a 2A state championship (merger or not, the 900 or so kids Mercer had that year is nomore of an advantage than what is going on in some classes under the new 6 classes), weren't happy his last year in 2008 when he led Mercer County to a 5A District Championship. And, now, you aren't happy with a man in Bill Mason whom is trying to build his own program? Are they lighting the world up? No. However, anybody with any real football sense at all can tell you that it typically takes 3-4 years. On the flip side, if Mercer doesn't lose an explosive player like James Johnson, this team is 4-4 at worst and more than likely in the hunt for a #2 seed in the district.

So, I guess at what I'm getting at is this; what does make you happy? It's negativity like yours that is part of the problem that Spread-O is talking about. It's a shame the kids that are playing there guts out and doing all they can to believe in Mason and his system, have to be subjected to this kind of negativity and I'm sure you aren't alone with your pessimism.

Let the kids play. Let the coaches coach.

Edited by Harry Doyle

As a neutral observer who works in Harrodsburg, I think people are forgetting or not realizing that the Henderson County coach had the job but the administration wouldn't let him bring in his assistants so he went back to Henderson County within 24 hours. Shadon Brown was their second choice and he wanted to bring in his own assistants also. Mason was their third choice. My opinion, despite what the kids may say I don't believe they have bought into the program and what it takes to become a great football team. The talent is there. Is the work ethic?

I understand both sides of the issue but losing grates on everyone. Mercer is still a young team with plenty of talent to AT LEAST compete for the district title. They are banged up but they are better than the way they have been playing.

And all the shots taken at Mercer about them not playing 2A anymore is ridiculous. They didn't ask or beg to play in 2A in their merger year. The chips fell where they laid and they only won in the state game 15-12. Go back and look at the schedule and you'll see that they played more than just 2A teams that year and were a top 5 team in the state that year also. The 'you aren't playing 2A anymore' jokes are pretty stale at this point.

Edited by PurplePride92

ill say i agree with coldweatherfan on the adjustments and if there are any made, and actually the kids really liked and wantd the Henderson coach and were completely surprised to hear he wasnt comeing less then a day after being hired becuase the school would not let him bring in his own staff, and also we have been playing SW for longer then last friday night and i remember our Men beating your boys up and down the field on friday night not that long ago so... and i believe if they had the chance they would go back and extend jaggers contract, i certainly wasnt his biggest fan in the world but i honestly would rather have jaggers back

ill say i agree with coldweatherfan on the adjustments and if there are any made, and actually the kids really liked and wantd the Henderson coach and were completely surprised to hear he wasnt comeing less then a day after being hired becuase the school would not let him bring in his own staff, and also we have been playing SW for longer then last friday night and i remember our Men beating your boys up and down the field on friday night not that long ago so... and i believe if they had the chance they would go back and extend jaggers contract, i certainly wasnt his biggest fan in the world but i honestly would rather have jaggers back

It was the coach from Madisonville-North Hopkins, not Henderson County.