KHSAA should have held out on Highlands district

blackwatch

Looks as if, had the KHSAA held out on where Highlands is going to be in class, region and district, there would be less than half the shuffling to avoid them. :cool: Who else strikes such fear?

For the benefit of those of us not dialed in to the inside track...what does this mean?

Not to speak for Blackwatch, but I think he refers to all the schools rumored to be seeking to play up in order to get out of Highlands' class. My opinion is, unless we want to declare Highlands a class 7A school and award them the Championship in the preseason, someone has to be in their class. Personally, I would love to see the day when Highlands travels to Knox Central for playoff game. The city of Barbourville has several really nice firetrucks with great water capacity.:sssh::lol:

Personally, I would love to see the day when Highlands travels to Knox Central for playoff game. The city of Barbourville has several really nice firetrucks with great water capacity.:sssh::lol:

:clap::lol::laugh:

I'd also like to see that day come. I love road trips.

Not to speak for Blackwatch, but I think he refers to all the schools rumored to be seeking to play up in order to get out of Highlands' class. My opinion is, unless we want to declare Highlands a class 7A school and award them the Championship in the preseason, someone has to be in their class. Personally, I would love to see the day when Highlands travels to Knox Central for playoff game. The city of Barbourville has several really nice firetrucks with great water capacity.:sssh::lol:

I share your enthusiam for playing the Birds. Although Highlands has comfortably beaten (or blown out) Cov. Cath. in 07, 08 and 09 I would hate to lose them on our schedule. It would be like being switched out of Holmes' region in basketball (or the Bengals switching divisions away from the Steelers). There is something special about the rivalry and a sense of accomplishment on those occasions when the giant is toppled.

There is a team right down the road that would let you use theirs if yours is broke. :lol:

Maybe im just a big fan, but i will tell you that Lex Cath is not trying to dodge highlands in any way. They have met twice in the playoffs, both teams having wins at the other teams field. Highlands at this moment in time in my opinion is and has been the best team in the state of Kentucky for the past 3 years. St X and Trinity arent in a class of there own, Highlands is the true top dog of this state. But i will gaurentee this, when lexcath and highlands meet in 2011/2012, you might see some of the greatest football the state has ever seen. Both these schools have pools of young talent so look for them to dominate in the next couple of years.