Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saints 25 49ers 22

Featured Replies

  • Author
Right on about Willis. Vilma isn't too shabby either. I loved the conversation last night wrapped around Gore and Vilma and their days at the U. What year was it? They rattled off some NFL players from that squad. Wow!

 

Vilma, McGahee, Gore, and there was another running back but can remember off my head.

Vilma, McGahee, Gore, and there was another running back but can remember off my head.

Clinton Portis. And I thought they said Andre Johnson was on that team. Shockey too?

Vilma, McGahee, Gore, and there was another running back but can remember off my head.

 

Clinton Portis. And I thought they said Andre Johnson was on that team. Shockey too?

 

If I remember right the only reason McGahee was the starter in 2002 was because Gore blew out his knee. I don't think we will ever see another team with the amount of talent the Miami teams of the early 2000's had.

  • Author
Clinton Portis. And I thought they said Andre Johnson was on that team. Shockey too?

 

You are right about Portis, and they did say Shockey. I don't remember them saying Andre Johnson, but they may have.

The 2001 roster had the likes of...

Frank Gore

Andre Johnson

Willis McGahee

Bryant McKinnie

Roscoe Parrish

Clinton Portis

Ed Reed

Antrel Rolle

Jeremy Shockey

Sean Taylor

Johnathon Vilma

Vince Wilfork

 

There are a few others that also spent some time in the NFL.

The 2001 roster had the likes of...

Frank Gore

Andre Johnson

Willis McGahee

Bryant McKinnie

Roscoe Parrish

Clinton Portis

Ed Reed

Antrel Rolle

Jeremy Shockey

Sean Taylor

Johnathon Vilma

Vince Wilfork

 

There are a few others that also spent some time in the NFL.

 

I think Winslow, Kelly Jennings and Hester redshirted that year. The team also Phillip Buchanan, Mike Rumph, Jerome McDougle, Vernon Carey, Rocky McIntosh, Najeh Davenport and DJ Williams. The 2001 Canes were and probably always will be the most talented college team of all-time. 17 players from that team went on to be drafted in the 1st round.

Oh and BTW, that Miami team had just lost Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss to the NFL the previous season. I see Alabama's 2010-11 team, and I'd give them 20 points and home field advantage and feel pretty good about the 01 Canes chances.

Oh and BTW, that Miami team had just lost Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss to the NFL the previous season. I see Alabama's 2010-11 team, and I'd give them 20 points and home field advantage and feel pretty good about the 01 Canes chances.

 

That may be a little much, but I agree, they were the best college team I've ever seen, and it isn't even close.

That may be a little much, but I agree, they were the best college team I've ever seen, and it isn't even close.

 

I'd spot them 20 and only play a half and I'd still feel comfortable. That Canes team had a few down weeks, but when they were ready to play it was on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.