Saints 25 49ers 22

Right on about Willis. Vilma isn't too shabby either. I loved the conversation last night wrapped around Gore and Vilma and their days at the U. What year was it? They rattled off some NFL players from that squad. Wow!

Vilma, McGahee, Gore, and there was another running back but can remember off my head.

Vilma, McGahee, Gore, and there was another running back but can remember off my head.

Clinton Portis. And I thought they said Andre Johnson was on that team. Shockey too?

If I remember right the only reason McGahee was the starter in 2002 was because Gore blew out his knee. I don't think we will ever see another team with the amount of talent the Miami teams of the early 2000's had.

The 2001 roster had the likes of...

Frank Gore

Andre Johnson

Willis McGahee

Bryant McKinnie

Roscoe Parrish

Clinton Portis

Ed Reed

Antrel Rolle

Jeremy Shockey

Sean Taylor

Johnathon Vilma

Vince Wilfork

There are a few others that also spent some time in the NFL.

I think Winslow, Kelly Jennings and Hester redshirted that year. The team also Phillip Buchanan, Mike Rumph, Jerome McDougle, Vernon Carey, Rocky McIntosh, Najeh Davenport and DJ Williams. The 2001 Canes were and probably always will be the most talented college team of all-time. 17 players from that team went on to be drafted in the 1st round.

Oh and BTW, that Miami team had just lost Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss to the NFL the previous season. I see Alabama's 2010-11 team, and I'd give them 20 points and home field advantage and feel pretty good about the 01 Canes chances.

That may be a little much, but I agree, they were the best college team I've ever seen, and it isn't even close.