Ohio State vs Miami predictions!

royals 101

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Alright CatsCatsCats! I am ready to hear your predictions on the big game. The keys to the game for OSU on offense is the offensive line and on defense is the secondary. If OSU's line can give Pryor time I think he can really hurt this Miami defense with his passing and more importantly his running ability. He has some weapons to throw to if he has the chance to go threw his progressions and check down to the open receiver. On defense the OSU secondary has been banged up a little and is playing some inexperienced players back there. It will be interesting to see if some of these young players step up or allow some big plays. I will be there and the Shoe should be Rockin'.

I predict OSU 27 Miami 17

I hope you guys are right. Jacory Harris must have a big game, and the 'Canes defense better play well. It's not that I'm a big believer in Ohio State. They're no doubt talented and have a big time QB. But, they're playing at home, and until I see Miami score a big time win, I'm skeptical.

I absolutely cannot wait for Saturday, I think it will be the most pumped for a game I have been in a long time.

I think that Miami is very good, if not elite in almost every area this season. However the two areas that I think that they are not elite in, are in my opinion below average and are going to be extremely important. Miami has a huge offensive line, but its really inexperienced and to be honest with you no one knows how good it is. The LB core has viturally no depth, and I don't really even know how good the starters are there as a whole. Those two areas have to play well this weekend and for the rest of the season if Miami is going to make a run at the ACC. I think they have the QB, RBs, Wrs, DL and Secondary to be a top 5 team, but the OL and LBs could really hold them back.

Ohio State is good in every part of the game it seems. Pryor looks much improved from the beginning of last year, and the rest of the team is very solid. If they play typical Tressell ball I think it will be tough for Miami to win. If they try to spread Miami out and turn it into a shoot-out, I think Miami's chances go up alot.

Nothing would surprise me about this game, unless Miami won by a large margin. I could see OSU killing Miami, or it being a close game with either winning. If I had to put money on it I would take OSU in a close one.

I know Miami is very good in the skill positions on offense. I am not sure about their depth at tailback, will the loss of Cooper be a big factor? Ohio State gets Nathan Williams back this week at Defensive end which is huge for this defense. Not sure how many snaps he will get but he is by far the best pass rushing DE we have on the roster. I think OSU's defense will be very good defending the run so it will be very important for the d-line and linebackers to put pressure on Harris in the passing game. If he has time to throw he could end up with a lot of passing yards in this game. I think the OSU corners give to big of a cushion at the line of scrimage which leads to a lot of easy completions. I think they defend against the "big play".

I know Miami is very good in the skill positions on offense. I am not sure about their depth at tailback, will the loss of Cooper be a big factor? Ohio State gets Nathan Williams back this week at Defensive end which is huge for this defense. Not sure how many snaps he will get but he is by far the best pass rushing DE we have on the roster. I think OSU's defense will be very good defending the run so it will be very important for the d-line and linebackers to put pressure on Harris in the passing game. If he has time to throw he could end up with a lot of passing yards in this game. I think the OSU corners give to big of a cushion at the line of scrimage which leads to a lot of easy completions. I think they defend against the "big play".

I don't think Cooper would have been that big of a factor either way. I know McShay and them have him rated really high, but I think they just do that with Miami guys every year. They have Franklin as a first round tackle right now, and he's only played 2 games there, one of which he was destroyed by Wisconsin in. Over the last 7 games last year Berry was a bigger part of the gameplan than Cooper was, and Miami really likes their young backs Mike James and Lamar Miller. I actually think Cooper not playing is a good thing because he would take plays away from more talented backs. James is every bit as good as he is in pass protection, and Miller is way more dangerous out of the backfield. That's before you get to true freshman Storm Johnson who will hopefully redshirt. Outside of WR and the DL, RB is Miami's deepest position I think. Don't get me wrong I really like Cooper, I think he plays extremely hard and with alot of passion, I just don't think he's that talented or consistent.