If Ohio Div 1 football is so good year in and year out.....

leatherneck

Talk about thread jackers... Read the last few posts.

You brought up the winning state championships in D1 as a measuring stick so I added the part about Trinity to add perspective to your question.

To be specific to your question, some folks attempt to denigrate the Highlands win over Cincy X by claiming that X had a down year last year because they either believe that to be true or they are sick and tired of hearing about Highlands and think far too many people from Fort Thomas have a condescending attitude when it comes to Highlands football. :D

Sick and tired of hearing about Highlands? That's blasphemous! :D

Folks in Ft. Thomas having a condescenting attitude when it comes to Highlands football? That's accurate. :banana:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be specific to your question, some folks attempt to denigrate the Highlands win over Cincy X by claiming that X had a down year last year because they either believe that to be true or they are sick and tired of hearing about Highlands and think far too many people from Fort Thomas have a condescending attitude when it comes to Highlands football. :D

At least when measured with respect to other Cincinnati teams, I don't think it's reasonable for anyone to make the claim that St. X was "down" in 2009, given that the Bombers were ranked first in Cincy at the end of the regular season, having beaten Colerain, Elder, La Salle and Moeller during the regular season, not to mention Indy Cathedral, Louisville Trinity, Louisville St. X and Lakewood St. Edward. Also, the team did beat Centerville 37-12 in the postseason and only lost to Elder by three points in the playoff rematch. Now, maybe Cincy football was down last year, or maybe Ohio football was down last year, but no one can reasonably say that St. X was down compared to other Cincy schools last year.

And may I remind you that because St. X was crowned the regular-season Cincy champion, many Highlands supporters claim a mythical Greater Cincy championship for their beloved Bluebirds in 2009!!!

Or the other option: some people just love to get the Highland's fans all ruffled up. Yep, I'll go with that one.