Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 2010/2011

Featured Replies

McClendon played some varsity last year as a frosh so not sure if he'll be ruled eligible or not.

 

Avery was only an 8th grader last year so he'd be eligible right away if he is brought up to varsity this year. Definetly a big blow to Holmes to lose both of these kids. They were considered the "future" of Holmes basketball. The current soph class made it to the freshman championship without McClendon this past year, so that alone is proof enough that the soph class is still very talented without him.

 

I can't think of any reasons where he will be ruled eligible to play for HC this year.

I talked to Mcclendon uncle and he said Christian was ruled eligible to play over the summer.

Holmes also lost a very talented 8th grader (M. McClendon) to Holy Cross.

 

Wasn't there a 6th grader on Holmes' talented 7th grade team last year with the last name MCClendon? Is this the same kid?

Wasn't there a 6th grader on Holmes' talented 7th grade team last year with the last name MCClendon? Is this the same kid?[/Q

 

Correct, he is a 7th Grader.

Booher will be dealing with a whole new element of players. I hope he is ready because he aint in Kansas any more.

Booher will be dealing with a whole new element of players. I hope he is ready because he aint in Kansas any more.

 

Booher is a North Hardin boy and grew up in that area...I'd say he's had experience with this "element of players."

 

Don't let him coaching at SV fool ya, Q.

 

People said the same thing when he left there for SV.

BTW, forgot to mention that Holmes also received a transfer over the summer that will likely step in and make an immediate impact.... 6'4 G Manny Nelson.

 

Manny is the younger brother of former Holmes player, Josh Nelson who started on the 07 state semi final team and was a key member of Holmes' 08 state championship runner up team.

 

From what I hear, he is quite the player and better than big bro Josh.

 

With him, Holmes starting lineup becomes even more long and athletic. I could see them rolling out the following lineup:

 

6'0 Hayes

6'1 Gray

6'4 D. Rice

6'4 Nelson

6'6 Rice

BTW, forgot to mention that Holmes also received a transfer over the summer that will likely step in and make an immediate impact.... 6'4 G Manny Nelson.

 

Manny is the younger brother of former Holmes player, Josh Nelson who started on the 07 state semi final team and was a key member of Holmes' 08 state championship runner up team.

 

From what I hear, he is quite the player and better than big bro Josh.

 

With him, Holmes starting lineup becomes even more long and athletic. I could see them rolling out the following lineup:

 

6'0 Hayes

6'1 Gray

6'4 D. Rice

6'4 Nelson

6'6 Rice

 

Holmes has really benefited from transfers with their recent run. It will be an interesting year in the 9th with Holmes being down, but still having a good team. But when you lose the Johnson boys and Pittman thats a big loss considering what they accomplished.

Holmes has really benefited from transfers with their recent run. It will be an interesting year in the 9th with Holmes being down, but still having a good team. But when you lose the Johnson boys and Pittman thats a big loss considering what they accomplished.

 

I know some won't agree with me, but outside of Demetrius Avery, all the other kids that Holmes received via the transfer all grew up as "Holmes products."

 

I do agree though that this years' version of the Bulldogs has some big shoes to fill with the departure of arguably the best trio of Holmes' players to ever come through in one class.

 

Tradition never graduates though. The last 3 classes have laid a great foundation for the future.

I know some won't agree with me, but outside of Demetrius Avery, all the other kids that Holmes received via the transfer all grew up as "Holmes products."

 

I do agree though that this years' version of the Bulldogs has some big shoes to fill with the departure of arguably the best trio of Holmes' players to ever come through in one class.

 

Tradition never graduates though. The last 3 classes have laid a great foundation for the future.

 

Didn't Housley play for Newport? I don't remember him being at Holmes before. I think the only year he played for Holmes was his senior year. You can say what you want about the Johnson boys. The started high school somewhere else and transfered to Holmes.

Didn't Housley play for Newport? I don't remember him being at Holmes before. I think the only year he played for Holmes was his senior year. You can say what you want about the Johnson boys. The started high school somewhere else and transfered to Holmes.

 

Housely grew up in Covington then went to Newport.

 

Johnson Brothers went to Taft their freshman year after attending Holmes middle school then came back their sophomore year until graduation.

 

That's neither here nor there though considering this is a thread about Holmes 2010/2011.

 

FWIW, I do understand where you're coming from.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.