Russell/Ironton Predictions

Russell vs Ironton Winner  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Russell vs Ironton Winner

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is one that Ironton wins easily. Ironton is at the top of their game this year and they are focused on reigning over the "river battles" with Russell and Ashland. From what I have heard from the locals is that they are still embarrassed about losing to Ashland last year. This does not bode well for Russell.

Graybeard, last year, Russell shut Greenup out 30 something - 0 and got beat by Ironton 45-0. This year, Greenup holds Russell to no touchdowns enroute to an easy victory and this year's Ironton team is much better than last year. That is why Russell will need the mercy of Coach Lutz' to keep this one from being a running clock in the second half. IMO.

Edited by sidelinedoc
punctuation

Russell has nothing to lose in this one - everyone expects Ironton to win and it will take the second coming for everyone to be wrong. A good opportunity for Russell to find themselves and work on things that will pay off in the remainder of the season.

I didn't know anything about this Ironton team other then they beat Wheelersburg last week I believe 12-7 and reading all these post. Putting up a 12 leads me to believe they may be in the same boat as Ashland. No kicker! That could get them in trouble when they play the tomcats. But not this week. I have all the respect in the world for Russell. But I think Ironton will beat the devils as bad as they want. McGlone and his staff is one of the best. But they don't get the same talent out of that school as in the past for some reason. I posted earlier on another thread. Great coaches need good players and good players need great coaching! If you get that combo you win year in year out. One can't work without the other.

All their screen names should have a sarcastic surname or something related to chicken little. Really, there is nothing like them.

Right on! We thought about using avatars with our wives breasts hanging out and listing the minutiae involved with our pregame snacks. But that gig had already been taken.

With all that aside, I hope my Devils keep it close and come out injury free. And we won't make excuses in the event we lose to Ironton.

Right on! We thought about using avatars with our wives breasts hanging out and listing the minutiae involved with our pregame snacks. But that gig had already been taken.

With all that aside, I hope my Devils keep it close and come out injury free. And we won't make excuses in the event we lose to Ironton.

I have to say, that is one of the funniest posts I've read on here. Well done.:clap:

I have to say, that is one of the funniest posts I've read on here. Well done.:clap:

I concur. Funny post indeed. I guess I need a Chicken Little avatar as well.

As for the game, I think Russell will hang around a little closer than everyone else seems to think. I know they lost to Greenup by 22, but I was encouraged by their ability to move the ball and stop Greenup from completely running all over them like I thought might happen. Russell has some better football players than people are giving them credit for. I think Cooper learns from last week's mistakes and plays better. I know playing Ironton ratchets things up another level, but Greenup is a big tough team, too, so I think that game will serve to prepare them a little for what's to come this week. I hope Russell pulls off the upset of the year.