Russell/Ironton Predictions

Russell vs Ironton Winner  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Russell vs Ironton Winner

Coach probably wouldn't make a change for the Ironton game - it'd be a bad start for a new qb. Talk about getting baptized in fire!

I think he tried to give a QB his first start last year in the Ironton game. I might be mistaken, but I think Brandon Sparks started that game in his first start of the year. Of course, the QB carousel continued from week to week last season.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he tried to give a QB his first start last year in the Ironton game. I might be mistaken, but I think Brandon Sparks started that game in his first start of the year. Of course, the QB carousel continued from week to week last season.

I'm sure Coach is looking for someone who will win. Tough times often create opportunity for those willing to step up.

Who should be getting the most reps (besides Cooper), in your opinion?

Nobody. Nothing has changed, just of a case of rumor and false postings. I guess no one has noticed Korzep is not playing guard. He is probably one of the best pulling guards Russell has had. He is perfectly happy playing number two fullback. That means L Bailey has to take his place who is Russell's second best receiver. Doesn't make sense.

Edited by rfcinky
Hit enter by mistake

No false info at all. Two players told me that others were taking more snaps. Don't get your panties in a bunch, no one said Cooper had been displaced. As for Bailey, I think he'd make a terrific guard. He was never a target anyway. Only Davidson is visible in a pass pattern.

No false info at all. Two players told me that others were taking more snaps. Don't get your panties in a bunch, no one said Cooper had been displaced. As for Bailey, I think he'd make a terrific guard. He was never a target anyway. Only Davidson is visible in a pass pattern.

Bailey was a target till the Greenup game. He was groomed as the left end since practice started. Pass plays envolving Bailey weren't used in the E Carter game, didn't need them. Would have been used in the Greenup game but kind of hard to catch a pass at guard. L Bailey is no Joel Korzep at pulling guard but has great hands, speed, and height perfect for an end.

I thought Bailey looked solid in passing scrimmages. But let's not pretend Russell is going to overutilize the passing game. I think after the Greenup game, it's doubtful we will see the ball in the air much with the athletes Ironton will field. May as well plug Bailey in at G now.

Turnovers killed any chance the Devils had in the opponents half of the field last week. If they turn it over Friday, it'll be by fumble or on downs. Remember, there are three things that can happen when you pass, and two of them are bad!!!

So, I have a question, since I'm not nearly connected to the football program enough to keep up. Was it Korzep's choice to play FB instead of G? Or was that a coaching decision. From the stands, Korzep looks to be the most physical specimen on the roster. Maybe I'm wrong.

So, I have a question, since I'm not nearly connected to the football program enough to keep up. Was it Korzep's choice to play FB instead of G? Or was that a coaching decision. From the stands, Korzep looks to be the most physical specimen on the roster. Maybe I'm wrong.

It was his. This Russell team has no place for me, me, me. If they play as a team, do what the coaches want, play with emotion, and heart they will do well in the districts. He can run forward but can't cut. He's an all area guard but second fiddle to Spradlin at FB. I guess I'm old school, you played where the coach put you or you didn't play.