Incoming Freshman

My daughter will be a freshman at Cooper this year. I am looking forward to getting an opportunity to see some of the girls teams in Kentucky play. I have not followed to much girls basketball in the past but that will change with my daughter playing. Trying to educate myself on some of the better incoming players.

My girls team from last year was based out of Northern Kentucky. 3 girls at Cooper (Pittman, Brinneman and Arnett), 1 at Boone (Hare), 3 at Notre Dame (Kellam, Reis, Clemons), 2 at NCC (Kiernan, Maier), 1 at Cov Latin (Matchinga).

I haven't had a chance to see to many of the incoming freshman outside of Northern Kentucky. Would love to know who some of the better freshman are throughout Kentucky. I hope to get an opportunity to see a lot of these young ladies play this upcoming season.

I haven't seen any rankings for this age group. What are your thoughts?

Sounds like NDA will have a strong freshman class, as well as NCC. And with some SSS players at Cooper, perhaps the Jaguars will begin building a program to compete with the other Boone co. district schools. What about Turner (Holmes?) and Beal (Holy Cross?). Are they incoming freshman?

• 1 month later...
I know Montgomery Co. will be playing a freshman at PG this year. She moved from Powell Co. Her name is Erica Rogers. She's a great girl, but I have no idea if she can play basketball.

Sorry I posted earlier without this quote. She is a great girl and she can play basketball.

Makenzie Cann- Anderson County

Eriel Mckee- Anderson County

Ivy Brown- Larue County

Katelin Bundy- Lexington Christian

Sydney Gooch- Franklin Simpson

Kayla Rankin- Perry County Central

Tereka Guyn- Scott County

Essence Grey- Danville

Alexus Calhun- Marion County

Those are a few of the top ones that I know of