The Red's Outfield Situation

And Bruce and Stubbs will have more than anyone...So much for your sitting the young guys theory...

No it's not. Four young guys and two veterans in the outfield. My theory is that the two veterans will get more ABs despite how well everyone is hitting. Bruce and Stubbs aren't what I'm driving at

Dusty must be reading BGP.

Getting enough playing time for all six outfielders has been a challenge.

“I mix them around with who I think can hit who,” Dusty Baker said, “and whether I need defense that day. That’s why (Drew) Stubbs has been playing so much, especially in Arizona with that big outfield. You want your best defensive outfield.

“(Laynce) Nix has been playing more in left, especially against tough right-handers. Jonny (Gomes) has ben struggling.”

Chris Heisey gets the least playing time of the six.

“He’s going to start tomorrow,” Baker said. “It’s been challenging. You can’t play everybody. You’ve got to play who you think is best that day.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/21/baker-on-playing-time-for-the-outfielders/

Thanks for posting this. It's good to hear it from the "toothpick's" mouth. Sometimes it doesn't make sense but the different parks do come into play defensively. I still wonder what his plans are for Edmonds though. I don't think Jocketty brought him in to strictly pinch hit.

Than he should say experience...When you say "young guys", it only makes sense that you're talking about age.

Baker. Will. Play. Gomes. And. Edmonds. More. In. The. Last. Month. Because. They. Are. Veterans.

Baker. Has. A. Tendency. To. Play. Veterans. More. Despite. Who. Is. Hitting. What.

Nix. And. Heisey. Will. Have. The. Fewest. At. Bats. Down. The. Stretch. No. Matter. Who. Is. Hitting. What.

I typed as slow as I could :D

Umm...Gomes and Edmonds have been getting more ABs than Nix and Heisey anyways....Not sure how that's going to be anything different than what's been happening. :idunno:
EXACTLY. Which two have been hitting better recently? It's not Edmonds and Gomes.