Update on Jason LaRue

sweet16

Do I think he's hurt? Yes. Do I think he's hurt to the point it warrants the 60 day DL? Nope.

I am not sure about the 60 day DL but concussions are a funny thing. Look at Justin Morneau. He has been out since the all-star game.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you know, the Cards are so concerned with making the Reds and Cueto look bad they are basically sitting their backup catcher for the remainder of the year. It's not a smart baseball move but it makes sissy boy Cueto look bad so what ever.

Yep that is the plan. Let's make the Reds look bad instead of trying to win games.

Yep that is the plan. Let's make the Reds look bad instead of trying to win games.

THis would imply LaRue helps win games. When your back up catcher hadnt played in something like 15 straight games I think you can live without him. On a serious note I hope he is okay and bounces back from this.

:lol: Obviously, you're not having as much fun with this as I am...

Not fun when a player is suffering from concussions. Not matter what team I don't think is funny.

I am sure Reds fans are enjoying the lead right now. which is fine. The Reds have outplayed the Cards but for fans to come on here and mock LaRue for a concussion and to accuse the Cards of faking or trying to make it look worse is sad.

Not fun when a player is suffering from concussions. Not matter what team I don't think is funny.

I am sure Reds fans are enjoying the lead right now. which is fine. The Reds have outplayed the Cards but for fans to come on here and mock LaRue for a concussion and to accuse the Cards of faking or trying to make it look worse is sad.

I haven't made fun of LaRue, outside of his and Carpenter's special moment on the kiss cam, in this thread at all. I still like LaRue from when he was a Red.

I said I believe he's hurt, but I'm skeptical that it's serious enough to potentially land him on the 60 day DL, and that the Cardinals may be exaggerating it. It's not like this would be the first time a pro sports team exaggerated an injury.

Any chance the Cards are putting Larue on the 60 day DL so that they can bring up another catcher & not put him on the 40 man roster?

If both minor league catchers aren't on the 40 man roster I'd say there's a chance that's the case.

I hope Larue is ok. Concussions are scary. I have no idea how bad he's injured. I just know some of this new info on head injuries will change sports as we know them. And that's a good thing for individual health.

I think the Reds will do something similar with Harang.

Football players don't hardly miss more than a week or two from a concussion. No way a baseball player should miss 60 days.

Morneau has been out since early July.