Russell/East Carter Predictions

Russell/East Carter Winner  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Russell/East Carter Winner

Everyone is telling me that Russell is small and not very talented. I find this hard to believe. Can anyone give me accurate information on Russell as well as some comments on how they see this game unfolding?

Russell does not seem to have many big players. I don't know how talented they are. I'm prepared to find out as the season goes along this year. I watched their Maroon/White game and watched them scrimmage Spring Valley (WV). The running plays from the Wing-T didn't seem to work very well against Spring Valley. They did, however, manage to move the ball via the run and the pass from a shotgun spread formation. It will be interesting to see if they actually mix this new set in during real games. Their pass defense looked like it needs a lot of work. Their run defense seemed respectable. I don't think Russell has a player for opposing defenses to key on this year because they all look similar. I suppose it could be said that they should have a more "balanced" attack this year. There is no Travis Jones who comprised about 90% of their offensive production last season.

As for the East Carter game, I am picking Russell because it's a home game and quite honestly, I can't recall East Carter ever beating Russell or even coming very close.

Russell does not seem to have many big players. I don't know how talented they are. I'm prepared to find out as the season goes along this year. I watched their Maroon/White game and watched them scrimmage Spring Valley (WV). The running plays from the Wing-T didn't seem to work very well against Spring Valley. They did, however, manage to move the ball via the run and the pass from a shotgun spread formation. It will be interesting to see if they actually mix this new set in during real games. Their pass defense looked like it needs a lot of work. Their run defense seemed respectable. I don't think Russell has a player for opposing defenses to key on this year because they all look similar. I suppose it could be said that they should have a more "balanced" attack this year. There is no Travis Jones who comprised about 90% of their offensive production last season.

As for the East Carter game, I am picking Russell because it's a home game and quite honestly, I can't recall East Carter ever beating Russell or even coming very close.

Thank you, Ryan. That is the most I have heard from any in Devil land about how they were looking. I spoke to some players from the area that went to the scrimmage and they said similar comments to yours.

Nice analysis Ryan.

I think you're right Russell wins at home.