Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need some Fantasy Football Guidance

Who's your 5th pick? 22 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's your 5th pick?

    • Michael Turner
      27%
    • Steven Jackson
      13%
    • Frank Gore
      45%
    • Andre Johnson
      13%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I have the 5th pick in my biggest, most competitive league this year. In a non-PPR league, who are you taking behind CJ, AP, MJD, and Ray Rice? I'm really torn and I'll tell you guys who I'm leaning towards after I get some votes.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest with you I think Steven Jackson is due for a down year, he's just been worked to death. I think Turner is a great back but he seems injury prone.

 

I'd go with Gore or Johnson. How bigs the league? Do you think you can get 2 quality RBs in rounds 2 and 3? If so, against common fantasy advice I'd vote take Andre Johnson because I think Gore could go down the drain as well since he's getting up there in age a little bit and he had some many injuries early in his career.

Don't listen to CatsCatsCats...his team is garbage in Godot's league lol.

  • Author

10 team league. If I wait on RB's I could end up being really really thin there. If it was PPR I'd be picking Andre without question. Turner and Jackson both scare me and Gore just doesn't do enough for me especially since they're planning on shaving some of his carries and giving some to Coffee. I'm just in a weird position.

I'm just in a weird position.

 

Could you make a trade, if you don't like it?

Don't listen to CatsCatsCats...his team is garbage in Godot's league lol.

 

There's not a person in the league who would have a much better team given the options I have had. No back that was available to me is even a extremely good RB2 let alone a 1st RB.

Just giving ya a hard time lol. I'm not one to talk. I finished 5th to last every season lol.

Just giving ya a hard time lol. I'm not one to talk. I finished 5th to last every season lol.

 

:D:thumb:

Without question SJax. He produces great numbers every year. Turner is injury prone, Gore the same. No way do you take a WR top 5...One guy that is worth looking into a bit IMO is Shone Greene. At #5, he'd be a bit of a reach, but if you could get him around 9-10 and pick up another early pick, a trade may be the way to go IMO.

I would rate your options as Turner 1 ,Jackson2, Mendenhall3 ,Gore 4 and I would honestly consider going the QB route also . With them as Peyton 1, Brees 2,Rodgers or Brady as possible top 10 picks also . But yeah if I went receiver I would go Johnson definitely . Personally I would go with Turner .

Johnson. I'd get at least 1 more WR in the next two rounds too if you start 3 receivers and just be stacked at that position. After the first 4 it's a crap shoot. In the 4th 5th and 6th rounds you'll be picking RB's and most other people won't.

  • Author

I was leaning Turner in the beginning. I feel like everyone has a different opinion :lol:

Johnson. I'd get at least 1 more WR in the next two rounds too if you start 3 receivers and just be stacked at that position. After the first 4 it's a crap shoot. In the 4th 5th and 6th rounds you'll be picking RB's and most other people won't.

 

If you wait til rounds 4, 5, and 6 to select RBs I guarantee you'll be finishing towards the bottom of your league. No position even comes close to the importance of the RB.

Jackson

 

While St. Louis isn't going to be very good, Bradford will be enough of a passing threat to keep most defenses honest. Jackson's a homerun threat in both the running and passing game.

If you wait til rounds 4, 5, and 6 to select RBs I guarantee you'll be finishing towards the bottom of your league. No position even comes close to the importance of the RB.

 

The only way I go against this strategy is if I have a shot at 2 Top 5 WR's that will be targeted enough to offset 2 2nd or 3rd tier RB's. But it doesn't sound like that's an option here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.