Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Milan, Tn vs Mayfield scrimmage results

Featured Replies

1a power Mayfield hosted Tn 3a power Milan friday night and came away with an impressive 41-20 win...The Varsity portion of the scrimmage ended 35-14 in Mayfields favor while the JV units ties at 6 each. Overall, Mayfield looked locked and loaded in its 1st of 2 scrimmages on the season. There #s appear to be up as they dressed approximately 50-55 kids from there usual 40-45. They made a few early turnovers and got beat on the pass a couple of times, but, settled in and controlled the 2nd half...

I was there and would call that a pretty accurate assessment except Milan's jv unit stuck in a late one to win that portion of scrimmage 13-7.

I enjoyed the lateral to the QB Guhy for a TD (backyard football), let's stick that one in the play book for future use. Having him roll from the pocket from time to time really wouldn't be a bad idea. His speed is not exceptional, but decent.

I really don't think you will see Luke leave the pocket with the ball at all unless its a broken play.

I really don't think you will see Luke leave the pocket with the ball at all unless its a broken play.

 

Either he will need to throw quicker or his protection needs to get much better. Dancing around with happy feet never helped anybody.

  • Author

I was surprised by the crowd...There were as many there as alot of regular season home games, especially the ones with Fulton Co or Fulton City...I'd guess somewhere in the 1500 neighborhood...

I was driving thru and thought, "Man...that is ALOT of people for a first scrimmage!" I bet that is the largest crowd to watch a scrimmage for a 1A school by 10 times! I too would guess 1000-1250 people...pretty impressive and just shows you people miss their football!

Who would have thought that many fans would travel from Milan TN to watch a scrimmage ... :D

  • Author

Read in the paper that the actual final score was 41-26 in Mayfields favor with the varsity portion 35-14 in favor of the Cards and the JV portion in Milans favor 12-6...

I was thinking the same thing, crowds like that don't show up for some of those district games. Great move from the practice field to War Memorial, with lights available they could practice as late as they wanted. In fact, there was a good turnout from the Milan faithful; many of whom decided to sit on the home side. It's really amazing how these two programs mirror one another.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.