Northern Ky Athletic Conference Names All-Conference Teams/POYs

Mustang

The Northern Kentucky Athletic Conference released their 2010 All-Conference Teams on Friday, July 9th

NKAC Division I

Ronald Cotton - OF - Boone County

Austin Pugh - C - Conner

Ryan Thompson - SS - Cooper

Brice Smallwood - P - Dixie Heights

Nick West - OF - Conner

Zach Sowder - 2B - Scott

Adam Warning - P - Covington Catholic

Matt Klein - DH - Covington Catholic

Caleb Lonkaro - OF - Ryle

Joel Lubrano - 1B - Dixie Heights

Conner Hempel - 3B - Ryle

Player of the Year - Brice Smallwood - Dixie Heights

NKAC Division II

Jake Cain - P - NCC

Nick Ritter - 1B - Holy Cross

Brady Gray - DH - NCC

Travis Norton - P - Brossart

Rob Broering - 2B - Holy Cross

Sam Liggett - C - Highlands

T.J. Schowalter - OF - NCC

Trevor Bezold - OF - Brosssart

Andy Roenker - P - Holy Cross

Blake Tiberi - 3B - Holy Cross

Troy Hebel - OF - Highlands

Shaun Meyer - SS - NCC

Player of the Year - Travis Norton - Brossart

NKAC Division III

Tony Piper - DH - Bellevue

Josh Bertke - P - Beechwood

Dylan Huff - 2B - Bellevue

Brad Leake - OF - Beechwood

Zak Duty - P - Calvary Chrisitan

Zack Steinboneig - OF - Villa Madonna

Alex Hegge - C - Bellevue

Jason Gier - OF - Ludlow

Mitch Davenport - 3B - Calvary Christian

Mike Young - 1B - Bellevue\

Zach Stegmoller - SS - Ludlow

Player of the Year - Josh Bertke - Beechwood

Indeed congrats to all.

If I were to complain about anyone one making it at the position given, it would be Roenker as a pitcher.

Now before anyone gets all over me about my comment, how many innings did Andy throw this season? From my knowledge, not many!

Andy deserves to be on this list as he is indeed a very good player but as a pitcher this season? I don't think so....

Again, Congrats to all the young men on this list!

I know picking all star and all conference teams is a very had job but I don't understand why only one player from Boone made the team. I do not know much about some of the players but I can not see how Teegarden was left out ! He was named to all the all-star teams and MVP of two of them but he can not make all-conference ? Who picks these teams and does everyteam have to have a player named ? I'm not saying the players named don't belong but if you compare stats Teegarden has to be listed IMO !

I know picking all star and all conference teams is a very had job but I don't understand why only one player from Boone made the team. I do not know much about some of the players but I can not see how Teegarden was left out ! He was named to all the all-star teams and MVP of two of them but he can not make all-conference ? Who picks these teams and does every team have to have a player named ? I'm not saying the players named don't belong but if you compare stats Teegarden has to be listed IMO !

If you had taken the time to look at who did and didn't make the team, you would have seen that teams such as Holmes, Newport, Lloyd, St. Henry and others, don't have members on the squad and it is the Coaches who make the picks!

Whom do you knock off this list, to add your Grandson?

If you had taken the time to look at who did and didn't make the team, you would have seen that teams such as Holmes, Newport, Lloyd, St. Henry and others, don't have members on the squad and it is the Coaches who make the picks!

I don't know who should come off in anyone but I think YES my grandson should have made it based on his all around stats for the year, thats my opinion and I will stick to it. You or anyone else can have there opiniion and I can have mine. The coaches did not go by stats or he would have made it. If you don't think he should have made the list thats fine but I believe he should have!!!!!!

I don't know who should come off in anyone but I think YES my grandson should have made it based on his all around stats for the year, thats my opinion and I will stick to it. You or anyone else can have there opiniion and I can have mine. The coaches did not go by stats or he would have made it. If you don't think he should have made the list thats fine but I believe he should have!!!!!!

Can you show me on this thread where I said he shouldn't have made the squad?

The Coaches voted not me.....

You asked two question and I answered both of them for you!

All I did was inquired who you thought should be taken off, to allow your Grandson to be put on!

And in another thread, you called me one sided! WOW......:rolleyes:

All I did was inquired who you thought should be taken off, to allow your Grandson to be put on!

If I don't stand up for my grandson then I'm a bad grandpa. I think you would do the same for yours. I did call you one sided and I still think you are when it comes to your high school. If you can show the final stats for the year and his is not among the best all around then I will say nothing else. I have looked but can not find the final stats for all the schools which I assume the coaches had. I am not blaming you for him being let off and thanks for answering my questions. Most of us all have our tipping point and this kind of stuff just rubs me wrong . If I did not think he drserved this I would not have said a word but I think the stats will speak for themselves.

If I don't stand up for my grandson then I'm a bad grandpa. I think you would do the same for yours. I did call you one sided and I still think you are when it comes to your high school. If you can show the final stats for the year and his is not among the best all around then I will say nothing else. I have looked but can not find the final stats for all the schools which I assume the coaches had. I am not blaming you for him being let off and thanks for answering my questions. Most of us all have our tipping point and this kind of stuff just rubs me wrong . If I did not think he drserved this I would not have said a word but I think the stats will speak for themselves.

They were/are on the NKy.com all season long! Click here....

I do not believe the stats listed are the final stats for the year. Some players/schools are not listed at all. I know nothing I say will change the list and I feel better talking about this but I would love to see the final stats for the conference to see how Teegarden ranked. He has two more years to play so let it be, I believe he will prove himself in the long run.

I do not believe the stats listed are the final stats for the year. Some players/schools are not listed at all. I know nothing I say will change the list and I feel better talking about this but I would love to see the final stats for the conference to see how Teegarden ranked. He has two more years to play so let it be, I believe he will prove himself in the long run.

Quite true about not every school posting their stats but some coaches refuse to post them where fans and other coaches can see and use them against them during the season.

Heck there was one team who I heard about, who had a father calling in the stats for his sons team to the NKy.com, since their team coaches refused to!

You guys are both right and why these teams are so silly. Don't worry oldtime baller, your grandson deserved to be on ANY team allstar wise or other based on the way he pitched in the region!!

These are coach nominated opinions that the newspapers feel obligated to publish so somebody will buy the paper. I am not kidding you-a few years ago one of the reporters asked me to nominate a a player from a particular school because they could not get that head coach to call them back.

Well I guess we know who Grandpa is. :ohbrother:

Anyway, Congrats to all who made it otherwise.