Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 2010

Featured Replies

What does South Laurel need to do to improve in
2010?
What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Year 2 under Coach Welch should show some improvement. He instilled discipline last year and went to something SL was not used to, a running attack. The defense was improved.

 

The key is for the line to really step up and find a 3rd option after Vaughn and Miller, who will carry the load on offense. I have heard that Vaughn is moving to QB and SL could run more of an option attack this fall. That could be interesting to watch.

Vaughn is a very good player and with him at QB will make them dangerous on offense.

I heard the Miller kid moved to Lexington. So does that mean Vaugn is there only option?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I heard the Miller kid moved to Lexington. So does that mean Vaugn is there only option?

 

Miller played QB, he played Fullback.

South will be very athletic this year from what I am hearing out of London. This year could be the return of the spread at South.

What kind of experience do they have coming back? They have a good group of young players coming. Could be some fun times at South this year.

South is expecting to have a chance at a district title this upcoming season. Welch has been able to get a lot of good athletes out from the halls of SLHS.

Sounds like this is a rapidly improving district. Pulaski and Southwestern are proven and now SL, MC & LC all are expecting to much improved. Sounds like there won't be any easy games in this district.

Whomever comes out of this District will have to earn it! No pushovers. The entire Region seems tough this year, top to bottom.

Whomever comes out of this District will have to earn it! No pushovers. The entire Region seems tough this year, top to bottom.

 

I think you nailed it. Nearly every team seems to be taking steps forward. Should make for some exciting football!

Year 2 under Coach Welch should show some improvement. He instilled discipline last year and went to something SL was not used to, a running attack. The defense was improved.

 

The key is for the line to really step up and find a 3rd option after Vaughn and Miller, who will carry the load on offense. I have heard that Vaughn is moving to QB and SL could run more of an option attack this fall. That could be interesting to watch.

 

When I had the opportunity to see SL I did not see much disipline, what I saw was total lack of disipline and respect for the coaches, and coaches with no control. In fact I heard one player say he did not have to listen to the coach since he drove a more expensive car than the coach. I don't know how you fix a problem like that other than cutting the kid. I thought it was a tough situation for the coaches to deal with.

When was this? I think Welch does a pretty good job keeping his team disciplined considering last year was his first year.

^agreed. He does a great job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.