Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FIBA U18 Americas

Featured Replies

I went back to edit my post but I guess it was too late. I've thought about that here recently as Kentucky will not have the freedom of schollys that it had for this class more than likely. I'm sure Cal and staff would be thrilled with either but is there one you think he would prefer more than the other? Can't see both going, so its one or the other. IMO I think Davis is trying to beat him to the punch.

 

That would be a call almost too tough to make. They are polar opposites in basic style of play, but both flat out get after it every second they are on the floor. I could argue with myself for hours on why I'd take one over the other and likely not convince myself either way... :lol:

  • Replies 56
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
That would be a call almost too tough to make. They are polar opposites in basic style of play, but both flat out get after it every second they are on the floor. I could argue with myself for hours on why I'd take one over the other and likely not convince myself either way... :lol:

 

Same here. Two totally different types. You are a lot closer to the action than me and you have gotten to examine these twos games up close. Your around and it is your job to observe, thus why I value your opinion. I'm not saying to a tee or anything, but loosely I see O'Bryant as a Bosh, and Davis as an Amare as far as styles of play goes. Is that how you see it?

I loathe comparing kids to big time NBA stars, so you aren't going to get me to go there... :lol:

  • Author
I loathe comparing kids to big time NBA stars, so you aren't going to get me to go there... :lol:

 

Thats why I emphasized the not to a tee and loosely. :D Basically, I meant O'Bryant is more of a finesse player who can still pull boards and run the floor, but can step out to more range. While Davis can hit mid range too, but can also get in there and mix it up and use his athleticism.

Thats why I emphasized the not to a tee and loosely. :D Basically, I meant O'Bryant is more of a finesse player who can still pull boards and run the floor, but can step out to more range. While Davis can hit mid range too, but can also get in there and mix it up and use his athleticism.

 

You have them backwards. Johnny O' is a lot more physical in the paint. Davis is still a kid that was 6'2" a year ago...

You have them backwards. Johnny O' is a lot more physical in the paint. Davis is still a kid that was 6'2" a year ago...

 

That's what I read. Crazy, really. Was he not on the national radar at all until he hit his big spurt? He can't weigh more than 190 at 6'9 either and that's soaking wet.

  • Author
You have them backwards. Johnny O' is a lot more physical in the paint. Davis is still a kid that was 6'2" a year ago...

 

I know O'Bryant can work it in the post as well, just seems to me like he has the touch on his mid range to go with it. Guess its the hair. Plus its hard to tell a lot by the videos floating around on the net, thats why I value your input because you have seen them in person. One of the reasons I enjoy watching the FIBA games because you get to a lot of good talent in a competetive setting.

Edited by dolamite
gramatical

That's what I read. Crazy, really. Was he not on the national radar at all until he hit his big spurt? He can't weigh more than 190 at 6'9 either and that's soaking wet.

 

No one knew who he was before April. Once he starts to fill out, the kid is going to be big time...

I know O'Bryant can work it in the post as well, just seems to me like he has the touch on his mid range to go with it. Guess its the hair. Plus its hard to tell a lot by the videos floating around on the net, thats why I value your input because you have seen them in person. One of the reasons I enjoy watching the FIBA games because you get to a lot of good talent in a competetive setting.

 

Johnny O' has good touch out to about 17 feet, and Davis has range out to the 3 point line. With Davis you still see those guard skills pop up every now and again which is just sick with what he does in the paint. As of today I'd take Johnny O'. Ask me tomorrow and it will likely be Davis...

No one knew who he was before April. Once he starts to fill out, the kid is going to be big time...

 

Read somewhere where he eats more than anyone in his family and can't gain a pound. Looks like John Henson or Hakeem Warrick minues 20 lbs.

  • Author
Johnny O' has good touch out to about 17 feet, and Davis has range out to the 3 point line. With Davis you still see those guard skills pop up every now and again which is just sick with what he does in the paint. As of today I'd take Johnny O'. Ask me tomorrow and it will likely be Davis...

 

Say you have a class of Teague, Mike G, and Q Miller. Would that make one or the other the better fit being Miller has such good range and versatility?

Say you have a class of Teague, Mike G, and Q Miller. Would that make one or the other the better fit being Miller has such good range and versatility?

 

I'll take a big man with range all day regardless of who else is on my team unless I'm in the NBA. Especially with the dribble drive.

  • Author
Read somewhere where he eats more than anyone in his family and can't gain a pound. Looks like John Henson or Hakeem Warrick minues 20 lbs.

 

Sounds like me, only the 5'10'' version minus the skills of Henson and Warrick. So I guess its just the eating and not gaining weight part. :D Normally get about 2500 calories in me a day, and still stay around 150-155.

  • Author
I'll take a big man with range all day regardless of who else is on my team unless I'm in the NBA. Especially with the dribble drive.

 

Gotta think though, Cal likes to have one in, four out. If Miller plays the four, you more than likely want the better post skills at the five regardless of range.

Sounds like me, only the 5'10'' version minus the skills of Henson and Warrick. So I guess its just the eating and not gaining weight part. :D Normally get about 2500 calories in me a day, and still stay around 150-155.

 

Used to be me, man. Got to college at about 155 and haven't left 170+ since. I needed it though. Being 6'0 and 155 wasn't very fun lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.