June 30, 201016 yr Austin Rivers lighting it up right now, has eight three pointers right now with 26 points. He is 8 for 8 from distance, crazy. He is on the verge of taking down Calbert Chaneys USA scoring record that has held since 92'. Have this in the college basketball thread because guys like Kyrie Irving are playing as well. Oh my as I type this Rivers hits another, 9/9, wow!!!!
June 30, 201016 yr Author Gilchrist is amazing, Teague is amazing, but Austin Rivers could be the best scorer in this class. If Duke can get him and have Irving stay, wow, what a backcourt duo.
June 30, 201016 yr Author Here's the link in case you want to watch http://www.fibaamericas.com/torneos1_us.asp?t=SWMYGHIDOX
June 30, 201016 yr Author Other guys suiting up for the USA are Quincy Miller, Patric Young, Abdul Gaddy, Tony Mitchell, Josh Hairston, among others. The U17 World Championships start on July 2nd, and they will feature future Cats, Mike Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, along with other top 2011 guys such as Johnny O'Bryant, James Mcadoo, Tony Wroten, and more.
June 30, 201016 yr Rivers is a lot of fun to watch. I'll take Bradley Beal as the best scorer in the 2011 class though...
June 30, 201016 yr Author Rivers is a lot of fun to watch. I'll take Bradley Beal as the best scorer in the 2011 class though... Both can fill it up, if Donovan can get them both then have Boynton stay, then wow Florida would be back with that 1-2-3 setup. Not to mention Patric Young. Good thing Donovan got Beal to verb though because hes pretty much seen the last of Rivers.
June 30, 201016 yr Both can fill it up, if Donovan can get them both then have Boynton stay, then wow Florida would be back with that 1-2-3 setup. Not to mention Patric Young. Good thing Donovan got Beal to verb though because hes pretty much seen the last of Rivers. I watched Beal and Rivers go head to head at Boo Williams back in April and they put on an absolute show. Both have drop what you are doing and get to their court ability every game...
June 30, 201016 yr Author Read something earlier that Wall has been in San Antonio with Dwon this week watching Quincy play. Said he and Miller played around for about 45 minutes after one of team USA's practices the other day. Hopefully he's putting Kentucky in his ear quite a bit while hes at it. Cal doesn't need much help, but Duke has to be looking pretty good right now as well. A Gilchrist, Miller, and Teague class would be unprecedented and earth shattering when it comes to recruiting. Accompany that with say one or two of a Nash, O'Bryant, Davis, Wroten, or Cook, then words cannot describe.
June 30, 201016 yr Author I watched Beal and Rivers go head to head at Boo Williams back in April and they put on an absolute show. Both have drop what you are doing and get to their court ability every game... Without question. I wouldn't care who was playing if those guys were facing off then I would be in the best seat I could, popcorn in hand.
June 30, 201016 yr Author Final USA 122 Canada 89 USA plays Brazil tomorrow evening in the Gold Medal Game.
June 30, 201016 yr Davis named UK, Ohio State and Syracuse as his final 3 today and plans to announce in mid July...
June 30, 201016 yr Author The thing about Rivers and Beal that I like most is that they both can go for 30 seemingly anytime they want, but not look like their forcing anything while doing it. A lot of guys can get their numbers, but take a lot of bad shots doing so, and force a lot of stuff. The ease those two can score is sickening to an average joe like myself. The U18 team has been looking good, U17 looks a little shakier although with arguably more talent. Lost an exhibition to Russia's U18 team the other day. Is going to be nice to watch guys like Gilchrist, Teague, Beal, O'Bryant, etc. playing together.
June 30, 201016 yr Author Davis named UK, Ohio State and Syracuse as his final 3 today and plans to announce in mid July... Read that earlier, has to bode well for Big Blue doesn't it? I mean cars running out of seat belts right? Which brings me to this, who is better suited to mesh and work the best with what Kentucky will have, Davis or O'Bryant? Just in your paid opinion. :sssh:
June 30, 201016 yr Read that earlier, has to bode well for Big Blue doesn't it? I mean cars running out of seat belts right? Kenny Payne is in REALLY tight with his AAU program, so UK will be in the thick of that one to the end. Will be interesting if both he and Johnny O' want a spot...
June 30, 201016 yr Author Kenny Payne is in REALLY tight with his AAU program, so UK will be in the thick of that one to the end. Will be interesting if both he and Johnny O' want a spot... I went back to edit my post but I guess it was too late. I've thought about that here recently as Kentucky will not have the freedom of schollys that it had for this class more than likely. I'm sure Cal and staff would be thrilled with either but is there one you think he would prefer more than the other? Can't see both going, so its one or the other. IMO I think Davis is trying to beat him to the punch.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.